Monday, August 22, 2011

Curious as a Cat

(Link in meme-roll)

1) Today, whose mouth needs to be covered with duct tape?
This is why I try to do this meme (and others) before reading other people's answers: I don't want to be prompted. But today I ran across Bud's answers before I thought about mine, and now I can't get Michelle Bachman out of my mind for this one. She's kind of been hovering in my forebrain anyway, what with Sparky watching the rerun of SNL this week which led with a MB bit, and shelving the Newsweek with her on the cover at the h.s. this morning, and the fact that she and one of my best friends graduated from the same college (to my friend's undying shame). The woman's both insane and inane, which is rather a good trick.

Otherwise, if we haven't used up all the duct tape on her, it might not be such a bad thing to keep a couple strips handy in my vicinity; I expect this week is going to bring The Mouth out in me a bit.
2) You are a zookeeper, and one day a shady-looking man brings in what he calls an "exotic animal." This animal is in a wooden box with small air holes on the top and the box is stamped DANGEROUS. He throws a picture on your desk and you look at the strangest creature you’ve ever seen. Describe it, and tell what you’re going to do.
I dunno--having watched a lot of National Geographic PBS shows as a kid, and continuing to watch a lot of basic cable shows of that ilk, combined with reading an awful lot of Stephen King and his ilk as a kid...it may be hard to freak me out.
So the first thing I'm going to do is get this guy's ID and then call the USDA, or at least animal control, and report him.

(By the way, I'm picturing something like this but with a beak and a peacock tail.)
3) Share three good things about your life right now.
  1. I'm very proud of my son. He leaves for college on Friday, and has proven again this weekend that whatever his weaknesses are, he is very aware of things and is smart as a tack.
  2. I have an awesome group of friends on whom I can count to tell me the unvarnished truth, and even hold me and pray for me. I know, that's not the sort of thing you may come here expecting to hear, but oh well.
  3. It's summer, but it's not hot-and-nasty like August here usually is. That is priceless and rare.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Public Domain Photo
Hey, I'm Jesus-juking you all in a big way this week! It was not intentional when I wrote this, and found the photo. I do have to wonder what exactly this is all about: why is he (or He) looking at the road, what's around that corner that he (or He) is watching, who took this picture, is it doctored or an actual branch/lighting/weirdness combination? Aside from the creepy eyeballs looking down from On High, this is a lovely, peaceful photo.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.