Monday, August 8, 2011

Curious as a Cat

(Link in meme-roll)

1) Create a new human culture and describe it as thoroughly as possible. Be sure to describe appearance, values, beliefs, etc.
Oh dear, I can't believe I asked people to work this hard! I think it would be wonderful if we had a culture that was based on actual accomplishment that was equally valued regardless of whether it was sports, arts, nursing, entertaining, or being supportive of any or all of the above. I think it would be awesome if everyone was accepted for who they were as long as they were doing the best they could at any given time, and not impinging on other people's turf or time. I would love a society where people really did care more about others than themselves, without denigrating themselves in the process; just that others would come first most of the time. And permanent press would not be used for clothing. Yuck.
2) Which animal makes the best pets? Defend why this is clearly the greatest option.
Generally, I'm a dog person. How can you not be charmed by an animal who will willingly snuggle with you given even the slightest encouragement, an animal that always wants you to love it, an animal that thinks you're God, an animal that forgets what a jerk you were earlier (like 10 minutes ago) and still love you even after you yell at it, or desert it for the whole day while you're at work.
3) What was the last thing you broke that you’re really upset about?
I'm pretty pissed that I lost something Beast gave me to keep safe while he was in the hospital. It's not anything expensive, just something important to him. I think I gave it to Sparky since I didn't have any pockets, but I don't remember for sure, and Sparky swears he doesn't have it. Grrrr.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Photo © Cat. 2010
This is the pub in the town near where my sister Jean is buried. We ate there the day after her funeral last August (almost exactly a year ago), and again this past spring. Good food. Beautiful setting, in a quintessential English village. And yes, it's legal to park facing traffic in England; either side of the street is fair game. Crazy place.

1 sweet-talkers :

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

You are correct. That first question was a tough one! Sorry about your sister, it must still be very tough...

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.