Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Random Dozen

(Link in meme-roll)

1. Have you, or has someone close to you, ever won an award for anything? (I just came from my dad's ceremony wherein he was given a medal of honor by the French government for service in France in WWII....)
I've won awards--though certainly nothing like this--but not much since school which suits me just fine.
2. Who is the nearest relative to you who has served in the US Military?
My dad served in WWII. FIL was in the Army during our time in Korea, though he spent those years in Germany.
3. Share something that stirs the patriotic spirit in you.
Ain't nothing gonna beat singing The Star-Spangled Banner on a runway as we waited to board an Aeroflot flight to some godforsaken spot in Soviet Central Asia. Also, the flag-bearers at the beginning of a parade.
4. Where are you in the birth order in your family? Do you think your "placement" made a difference in your personality?
I'm fifth of 5, ten years behind my brother (nearest in age) and 20 years behind my oldest sister. There are just those three of us left now, too, weirdly enough. And yes, my birth order absolutely made a huge difference in who I am.
5. Name one trait you hope you carry that was evidenced in your parents or grandparents.
Stubborn pigheadedness. That plus The Nose are strong indicators.
6. If female, do you prefer wearing a skirt or pants? If male, shirt and tie or polo?
I have worn a skirt exactly ONCE in the past year, and that was at my mom's memorial service.
7. Approximately how many times do you wake during the night? What do you do to go back to sleep?
I don't wake up regularly in the night (anymore), but if I do wake up to the point of not getting back to sleep, I'll come downstairs and do a crossword till I crash.
8. Share a favorite movie quote.
I'm gonna be lazy and use my Fb status from yesterday morning:
‎"It's your turn, Heather."
"No, Heather, it's Heather's turn. Heather?"
"Sorry, Heather." --Heathers
9. What is your favorite Fall candle scent?
What kind of a society do we live in that needs special fake smells for the season that you can go outside and smell?? Sorry--I'm a little cranky (again) tonight. The candle scents I like are the same year-round.
10. What is one Fall activity you're looking forward to?
I love crunching through fallen leaves. Not too many have started to go here, but it looks like they will pretty soon, within a week or so.
11. Tell us about a pleasant surprise that happened to you recently.
Cake magically appeared on the counter at work yesterday afternoon just about the time I started getting nosh-y.
12. What was it like when you first met your in-laws-to-be?
They were great; I felt comfortable almost immediately, and that feeling never diminished.

1 sweet-talkers :

Debbie Phillips said...

new to Random Dozen... visiting the links near mine on the linky list.

Liked your #10, 11, and 12.
Did you find out who brought the cake and did it just "miraculously" disappear like it appeared??

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.