Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
 28 Question Meme

1. Was your dad named after anyone? His grandfather had the same first name (and last name), but their middle names were different. Seems to be a theme in my life, actually.

2. What do you think is the minimal age to get married? The "minimal" as in youngest? I dunno, I think this is more dependent on cultural mores and the maturity of the people involved. For some, that means 16, for others 90 is still too young!

3. What’s the longest time that you‘ve been involved with the same person? I've been married just over 24 years, and we dated, seriously, for about two years before that. Dear Lord, I am so old!

4. What actor/actress do you consider hot at the moment? I'm not sure any of them are hot at this very moment, but I do appreciate looking at George Clooney, Jimmy Smits, Will Smith, Brad Pitt (when he's not wearing that hideous chin-hair-thing!), and Mark Harmon. Among many others.

5. What is you favorite album by a band? "Achtung Baby"

6. What is your favorite album by an individual artist? "Brave and Crazy" (Melissa)

7. What is something that you‘d rather be a bit dirty? Kids. Kids should be slightly sticky, sweaty, and sandy. It's a rule. Not that I enjoy being hugged by kids in this condition, but clean kids...they worry me. (Filthy isn't the same as "a bit dirty", either.)

8. What was the last TV show that you watched? SNL. Horrible last night. Mortifying to watch that sitting next to my 17-year-old son. Ugh. I went to bed before Weekend Update was over after suffering through at least two nasty sketches that were bad AND embarrassing.

9. How many people have you met from the blogosphere? Who are they? I know several people IRL who blog, but I've met 5 or 6 people IRL that I knew online first. A couple of them were speakers at meetings, so I'm not sure that counts.

10. What's your philosophy on life? Live and let live...unless you cross me and then I reserve the right to smack you upside your idiotic head.

11. Do you think prescription drugs are over prescribed? Yup.

12. Would you keep a secret from me if you thought it was in my best interest? I do it all the time, folks. That's part of being an adult. Not the Big Secrets, just things like my most recent blood-work results, ideas I've had for Christmas (and other) presents, my weight, inane gossip I've heard about you, etc.

13. What is your favorite memory in the last year? Sitting on the floor in our hotel room last November with most of my nieces and nephews as they (we) all chatted. I doubt very much that will happen ever again.

14. What is your favorite guilty pleasure? Sugar.

15. Tell me one odd/interesting fact about you: Read this blog. Seriously, I think most everything is out there. If nothing grabs your fancy, here's another stupid talent: I can sing the alphabet backwards.

16. You can have three wishes (for yourself, so forget all the 'world peace etc' malarky [sic]) - what are they? Enough money to pay off the mortgage on this house and hire a landscaper/gardener, a personal trainer/cook, instant (and permanent) loss of about 50 lbs. of weight (and not because I'm sick).

17. Who would you want to get together with and make a cake? Uh, wow--weirdest meme question in awhile. Any. I guess. Or Jenny. I dunno. I'm gonna be more focused on who gets to lick the bowl, and then frosting and eating the cake later!

18. Which country is your spiritual home? This one. Unless you're speaking metaphorically...?

19. What is your big weakness? Sugar.

20. Do you think Judd Corizan is a good person? Having no basis for judgment, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and say "SURE! AbsoTIVEly!"

21. What was your best/favorite subject at school? I was good at most subjects. Couldn't be arsed about most science and math as they required WORK (noooooo!), but I could do them if I had wanted to.

22. Describe your accent: Flatlander-tinged-with-West.

23. If you could change anything about yourself, would you? Sure. Only superficial things though. And I'd like to have better control of Teh Snark in certain situations.

24. What do you wear to sleep? Pajamas.

25. What is your favorite casual outfit to wear? Jeans+T. The clothing of my life.

26. Do you use cigarettes or alcohol? I would only use cigarettes as bug poison, but I do drink occasionally. In fact, today may be a day to start on the drinking early and keep it coming.

27. If I only had one day to live, what would we do together? (If you have no idea, just say something crazy, it'll entertain me!) Realistically, it would involve sitting by the side of your bed saying nice things, or taking you to the doctor/hospital. If you want crazy, let's just go with the skydiving thing. I'll let you decide if you want to use a parachute or not.

28. Rate the memes that you play generally. Use any scale or just in order.  See my sidebar? I do a LOT of memes, close to 900/year on average. There's no way I can rate them, with the exception of Unconscious Mutterings, my personal touchstone because I've done it for 6 years and I love words. Plus, it's easy and fast. In looking that list over, it appears that I may need to do some cleaning: I haven't seen anything new out of some of them in quite some time.... Yay, something to do today while I work on upping my alcohol consumption! :-)

4 sweet-talkers :

I am Harriet said...

Sing the alphabet backwards- cool :)

Have a great Sunday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/07/what-do-you-wear-to-sleep/

Anonymous said...

Great answers. Enjoyed visiting.

Have a great one.

Deb
http://debwebb.wordpress.com

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

You are the true Meme Queen. By lots over that other person. I cannot imagine rating memes. My fave though by a mile was Lola's Sat-8. She was SO annoying that I loved to mess with her. Enjoy your Sunday...

Cat. said...

Shhh, don't SAY that! I don't need Mimi on my bad side! :-)

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.