Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wednesday Weirdness Wickedness

(Link in meme-roll)
Each week we will pick a famous person and pick ten of their quotes. Each of our questions will be based on the quotes. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme! Today we picked Brad Pitt.

1. "I've got a hard time with morals. All I know is what feels right, what's more important to me is being honest about who you are. Morals I get a little hung up on.” Do you ever have a hard time with morals?
This is sorta incoherent but I think I generally agree with the sense of what he's saying. Imposed morality is a problem for me. Clearly, my teachers practiced a lot of Values Clarification lessons on my schoolmates and me.
2. “Being married means I can [break wind] and eat ice cream in bed.” Do you eat in bed? If yes, what?
Well, not ice cream! I'll occasionally have a few crackers or cookies, but not under the covers. ["Break wind"? Seriously, "fart" is not a swear word.]
3. “I phoned my grandparents and my grandfather said 'we saw your movie'. 'Which one?' I said. He shouted 'Betty, what was the name of that movie I didn't like?” What was the last movie you hated and why?
I was not in love with "Wayne's World", which Sparky watched over the weekend. In the theater, I can't think of anything, not since "Snow Dogs."
4. “We made a plan at school to meet in her garage and kiss. It was like this little business deal. I kissed her and then I ran home.” Did you make 'a plan' the first time you made love or did it just happen?
lol . Right. Moving on.... [You won't say "fart" but you escalate a quote about kissing to sex?]
5. “You must lose everything in order to gain anything.” Have you ever felt that you lost it all? If yes, explain.
I have indeed felt like the world had fallen completely away from me, right after my sister and then my dad died. It has taken years to bounce back from that.
6. “We did a little training in the beginning, ... But again, these guys aren't supposed to be skilled fighters.” When were you last time that you were in a fight (physical or not)?
I haven't had a physical fight in over 30 years. The last argument I was in--full-on arguing on both sides--was about a month ago. Haven't really had time for that sort of thing this month.
7. “My week consists ... five days out of the seven I've got at least three cars of paparazzi on me that I've got to either lose or whatever.” Have you ever been stalked?
Nope. Not that I'm aware of. Thank God.
8. “I mean, that's the modified self-help version of the psychology, I guess.” Do you believe in 'self help' for problems, or do you prefer therapy?
I tend to be cheap, but I have gone the therapy route a couple of times. Sometimes it just helps to get external input when the voices in my head are all boring the shit out of me and making me nuts. [I don't really understand what Brad is talking about here, to be honest. "Modified self-help version of the psychology" of what?]
9. “Fame is a bitch, man.” Do you agree that fame is lousy or would you love to give it a try? Why?
First of all, no one is forcing you to continue being famous, dude. Yes, I feel for you, but really...you wanted this. I would never in a million years want to be in his shoes because I agree that being famous is the pits. (yes, I did go there!)
10. “I have always been somebody that really wants to be married. And I don't know if that's just so I can do it differently than my parents did and prove marriage does work.” Do you believe in forever, as in 'love forever'?
I believe in marriage forever, if that's really what we're getting at here. However, I do NOT believe that every marriage should last forever. I mean, face it: there are long-term people and short-term people in everyone's life. The trick is to marry one of the long-term people, one that you don't mind having sex with for 50+ years. ;-)

2 sweet-talkers :

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I'm trying to wrap my brain about 50 years with only one person. Oh well, it couldn't happen now. With my lifestyle 50 years? No shot. Loved the fart and virginity comparison.

Cat. said...

I know several dozen couples who've been married over 50 years--including my parents--so it's not a stretch for me. I'm basically lazy and don't want to have to break in a new model. ;-)

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.