Friday, February 12, 2010

RevGals Friday 5

(Link in meme-roll)
FAB FEB(ruary)

1. When February comes along, how do you feel about the coming month?
The beginning is always a little weird around here, what with Groundhog Day festivities in town, and Sparky's birthday the day after GHDay. I'm also glad to have survived January.
2. What memories do you have about Valentine's Day? Are you doing anything to observe it this year?
I always loved doing a bag at school for everyone's valentines. Of course, each child had to do a card for EVERYONE, so it was all equal, but reading between the lines--why did he pick THIS one to give to me??--was a great joy. Once I reached adulthood, I sorta stopped caring. Some years, Beast gets me something sweet (as in nice, not as in sugary, necessarily). Some years, we agree to let it go. We're going to lunch today since I work both days this weekend, and we're going to a(nother) funeral tomorrow.
3. It is interesting that Monday's "Presidents Day" is not officially called that in every state. It is a U.S. federal holiday entitled "Washington's Birthday." Which is your favorite president and why?
Seriously? Has to be Lincoln. I do appreciate so many others, as well, though.
4. Will you be celebrating Shrove Tuesday or Mardi Gras? How?
Nope. I'm a WASP through and through. lol I'm much more focussed on prepping for the next day's spaghetti dinner served by the youth group at our church.
5. Any other ways to celebrate in February?
I can NOT tell you how HAPPY it makes me whenever the sun comes out in February! I also have a little mini-celebration in my head in the middle of the month to commemorate some scary days in the hospital in 1997.

1 sweet-talkers :

Jan said...

That's so cute that you celebrate Groundhog Day with fun and a birthday! No wonder you like February. Our memories of school Valentine's Day celebrations show how much older I am than you--I know I had kids make those bags for Valentines when I was the teacher!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.