Saturday, February 13, 2010

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Saturday 6

1. What is the most snow you remember ever seeing where you live?
We have had two feet at a time at this house, and we've had up to 6 feet in the ditches next to the street, but they are very deep ditches so this isn't that big a deal. We've also had drifting that high in the main part of the yard. Snow belt, yo.
2. Given a choice, would you prefer a day of snow or a day of rain?
Snow, if I'm at home. If I'm driving, I'd probably prefer a nice steady rain.
3. How easily does your local area respond to snow or ice on roads?
I think they do a bang-up job most of the time. Yes, there are times when they seem to have had a massive brain fart, but I can't get overly pissy about it.
4. Considering the source from which you most often get your forecast, how accurate was that source over the past week?
I really thought we'd get more snow on Wednesday; I would have appreciated a 'real' excuse not to go to work. I didn't go anyway, but I kind of invented a 24-hour bug and slept about 12 hours over the course of the day. In any case, we did get a lot of snow.
5. Take the quiz: Are You a Snow Bunny ?
I was a Snow Kitten, the typing of which nearly makes me cry.
6. Okay, it’s time to confess: when the snow starts moving in, do you go to the grocery store and buy up all of the milk and bread?
Uhm, no. I make coffee/tea/cocoa and buckle on the the boots and head out to shovel. We always have food enough stockpiled. I have never been snowed in more than about 36 hours really anyway. We may not leave the house, but we could. In any case, I just don't get this "empty the store" thing. If anything, I'd buy large containers (5 gallons) of bottled water. If our power goes, we're also out of water.

1 sweet-talkers :

amy said...

#5 made me snort tea out my nose, snow kitten. :)

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.