Friday, September 11, 2009

RevGal Friday Five

(Link in blogroll)
PJs

1. What was your favorite sleeping attire as a child? And did you call them pjs, pajamas (to rhyme with llamas), pajamas (to sort of rhyme with bananas), jammies, or ???
I almost always had nightgowns, so mostly I called them "nightgowns" or "nighties." Sometimes we used the term "PJs" and when I use[d] "pajamas" it's always with the flat midwestern 'a' not the pretty "llama"-rhyming 'a'.
2. Favorite sleepwear put on your own little ones, or perhaps those you babysat? (Bonus points if you made it).
I loved those little onesie kind of pajamas that are sort of felty terrycloth. There are loads of memories of Sparky running around in his red zip-down-to-the-leg jams--what we call 'em, when we don't use "jammies."
3. How about today-do you prefer nightgown, pajamas, undies, or au naturel?
I hate long nightgowns; they always get twisted around me. I really prefer big T-shirts and undies, but with a teen in the house I've moved toward regular pajamas for the duration of his time here.
4. Silky smooth or flannel-y cozy?
Flannel-y, because I hate sliding around in bed.
5. Socks or bare feet?
Generally, bare feet, but I really can't handle having cold feet, so I frequently start the night with sox and toe them off when my feet reach stasis.
Bonus: Funny story regarding sleepwear (or the lack thereof).
I can't think of anything all that funny, except that when I started college I arrived with two ankle-length flannel, Laura Ashley-esque print nightgowns. Yeah. Doy. Switched to T shirts by midyear, though I think I still have one of those nightgowns stored away somewhere, seeing as how I made it.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.