Monday, September 7, 2009

Curious as a Cat

(Link in blogroll)

1) Men go topless at the beach. Why not women?
Social norms is the easy answer. I dunno, really. I've never completely understood the hangups Western culture has about breasts. It's really stupid, actually. There are a lot of uglier body parts that I'd prefer to have (or stay) covered, honestly!
2) Do you live in the city or the country? Describe your neighborhood.
I live in a village, a word which always makes me think "English, thatched huts, pub on the corner" but where I live bears no resemblance to that whatsoever. Our house is in a newish subdivision with 12- to 3/4-acre lots which lies on the border of a built-up former summer resort area, so my near neighbors are suburban clones, but nearby is an ...eclectic... mix of people and houses. I'm about 20 minutes from the nearest city of any size, and during that drive I pass cornfields, a lovely country cemetery, two horse farms, farms with cows and goats, an apple orchard and 2 other newish subdivisions.
3) Describe one of your bad habits?
Let's just go with nailbiting. The first question was too hard and it blew the circuits in my brain.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Public Domain Photo
It kind of looks like a vote for something, drawn in shaving cream on pavement. Maybe it's a bowling tabulation? I can't quite figure out why you'd do this on pavement, though. It also reminds me of hot cross buns for some reason, even though the color scheme is wrong. However, now I'm hungry for buns with icing. Maybe I should go eat breakfast? :-)

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.