Monday, August 3, 2009

Curious as a Cat

(Link in blogroll)

1) What time do/did you leave your house for school in the morning? What time does/did your school finish?
It was a 15-20 minute walk from school, regardless of which school; my parents intentionally built the house where they did so that would be true. Hours for elementary school were 8:45-3:15. Junior high was...well, I arrived by 8:00 and I think we were done at 3:30. High school was 8:30ish to 3:00.

Why do I remember this?
2) What sports do you enjoying watching in person? How about on TV?
I like high school and college football when I've got a stake in it. Farm team baseball is also fun. On TV, I love professional football, NASCAR, and the Olympics.
3) Do you have a garden outside your house?
Yes. Mostly perennials and weeds.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Public Domain Photo
I love me some blue jeans! They are my favorite clothes. This little pocket in the picture though: kind of a waste of fabric. I usually use it for hairbands, earrings (when I've lost the back...or vice versa), or pills I need to take while on the road. I'm old enough to remember that we couldn't wear jeans to school when I was a little girl. How sad is that?

My mom used to talk about how scandalous it was that my sisters were allowed to change into 'dungarees' after church on Sundays in the 50s and 60s so they could play without ruining their good clothes. Her mother-in-law thought that was awful: girls, in jeans, on Sundays.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.