Friday, July 18, 2008

RevGalBlogPals Friday Five

What's in a Name?

1. So how did you come up with your blogging name? And/or the name of your blog?
Both have evolved over the 4+ years I've blogged. I started out using my name--VERY briefly. Then I used The C@t@loger for awhile, but that's awfully long. Now I'm Cat.
The first title of the first blog is precisely the same as it was the day I started it, I believe. My main blog started out as "Sweet Dreams" but I got tired of that and went with another favorite 80s song. Meanwhile, while I still was using the older title on the main blog, I started this here blog and the title for this one seemed pretty painfully obvious. ;-)
2. Are there any code names or secret identities in your blog? Any stories there?
Loads and loads! The only people I identify by (real) name are people who blog that way, or people who are otherwise unidentfiable. The only family members who are aware of my blogs are my husband and son, and I don't want anyone else finding me accidentally; my family have some weird names (I mean, look at the names I use in place of real names!). I DEFINITELY don't want some of my coworkers to find me, though there are two, at least, who do read my blog. My coworkers tend to be named for behavior or characteristics.
3. What are some blog titles that you just love? For their cleverness, drama, or sheer, crazy fun?
I have always loved Fleur-de-Lisa and Library Tavern from the moment I came across them. Others I love--there are too many to link due to my schedule at this point: The Zenformation Professional, Real Live Preacher, Planet Cataloging, Across the Pond...Cast, Reality Outran Expectation, Cheesehead in Paradise and Miss Information. One that's defunct whose title I still love is "insert witty title here" which still makes me snicker.
4. What three blogs are you devoted to? Other than the RevGalBlogPals blog of course!
For very wide-ranging reasons, Amy's, One Year Bible Blog, and Curious as a Cat.
5. Who introduced you to the world of blogging and why?
It's all down to Amy (linked above) and Jenica (who now blogs anonymously). I don't think they said that I had to do it, but they passed along their URLs and I said, "That's an AWESOME idea--I can do that!!"
Bonus question: Have you ever met any of your blogging friends? Where are some of the places you've met these fun folks?
I knew Amy and Jenica, of course, but I knew them Before Blog. I did a blog meet-up a couple of years ago with Annie (who is still a friend, though I no longer read her blog). There are several other bloggers whom I've met, but not directly through blogging. I suspect I will meet another couple of bloggers in the next year, one of whom is anonymous but we've just sorted out that we work with/for people who are related to one another.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.