Saturday, March 1, 2008

Saturday Nine

(Link in blogroll)
Mommy's Alma Mater & More

1. Did your mother go to college, if so where?
No. She should have, though. Instead, she graduated high school--at 16--and went to work until she got married at 19. Her dad died about a month later, and WWII started 6 months later. Dad was shipped off in the Army the following spring, and about two year after they were married my sister was born. No time for college, not in at that point in history. After the war, she had 3 more babies, my dad ran several businesses (into the ground), she got a full-time job to support the family, and had yet another baby. Again: no time. And by the time she had time, she had no inclination.
2. Do you have a relative that is a lawyer?
No. It's not allowed. I have a VERY good friend who is, though, and I like her more than some of my relatives, so it works out.
3. Do you have a relative that is a doctor?
Shouldn't both of these read "...who is..."? I have a niece who is a veterinarian, and a brother-in-law with a doctorate in chemistry. Oh, and another niece with a doctorate in astrophysics.
4. Did you take music lessons as a child? If yes, do you still play?
I took piano for a couple of years when I was probably around 8. I can still figure it all out, but s - l - o - w - l - y. I took flute lessons for about 5 years in jr. high and high school. I can sort of still play, but my 'lip' is pretty well shot.
5. Did you go to summer camp? If so would you send your child?
I did not. Sparky has gone a couple of times, but isn't interested anymore.
6. Do you believe that alcohol relieves stress?
A little bit of it once in awhile doesn't hurt, if you can stop yourself from having more than a little bit.
7. Have you ever performed on stage? If so tell us about it.
Eight years playing in a band, one elementary school play, one year of choir in school, and two pit orchestras...yeah, I've done the stage thing. I played at church occasionally, too.
8. What things do you find easy to remember?
Birthdays, usually (unless they are at the end of the month, for some reason), family relationships, and how to spell people's names.
9. What things do you find easy to forget?
People's faces, my keys when I leave the house (or car), and calling my mom regularly.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.