Saturday, January 26, 2008

Saturday Nine

(Link in blogroll)
Name That Tune

1. What was the first CD/LP that you ever purchased?
Uh...I think the first LP I bought for myself was a Shaun Cassidy album. The first record ever was Terry Jacks' "Seasons in the Sun" single. I still have the latter. The former was excised years ago!

The first CD I bought was Howard Jones' Dream into Action.
2. Are you still a fan of that group or artist?
Howard, yes. Shaun...not musically. OK, I haven't paid much attention to him for 25 years!
3. What was the latest CD/mp3's you've purchased?
I bought several CDs as gifts for Christmas. The last one I think I bought for myself was awhile ago...can't remember.
4. Is there an artist or band that you relate to more than any other?
U2.
5. What is your favorite song currently?
I really like "Grace Kelly" from Mika. It makes me laugh.
6. What band or artist do you think has had the most influence over the years?
On whom or what? Me? The universe? The Beatles were probably the biggest ever, before the market was totally fragmented. They pretty much affected me, I guess, too.
7. Is there a band or artist that you love, but is a "guilty pleasure"? If yes, who?
I don't feel guilty about listening to most anyone, but I probably shouldn't admit how much I like Ricky Martin or the old Backstreet Boys.... ;-)
8. Is there a band or artist that you hate, but most people seem to love?
Rush. And a lot of rap.
9. What is your favorite CD/LP of all time?
This is entirely dependent on the day. I can listen to Joan Osborne almost any time. Also John Mellencamp. Also Melissa Etheridge. Also Transglobal Underground. And others.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.