Saturday, January 12, 2008

Saturday Nine

(Link in blogroll)
The One Who Got Away

1. Do you have a former lover who you feel is "the one who got away"?
There was a guy I dated with whom my life would have been very different, very much more exciting (as in "never boring"). I remember, vividly, having to make a decision between that future (with K.) and the future with another guy (T.). When I pictured the future with T., I saw myself middle-aged in a robe in a sunny kitchen, kinda bored and reading the newspaper--I swear this is true!--whereas the future with K. was travel and excitement and drama.... I chose T. ultimately, and looking back over two decades, it was the right choice. Boring sunny kitchens have a lot going for them. I'm not sure if K. is the "one who got away" or if I am.
2. Do you have a nickname? If yes, do you like it?
It took me 40 years to get one that really stuck, but yes I think I do now, and I do like it (having given it to myself in essence!).
3. Did you go to theater, museums, or art galleries growing up?
Yes. All the time. OK, not ALL the time, but regularly, more often than we went to movies or drag races or bars. Although, to be fair, I don't remember going to an art gallery till I was older; it was mostly art museums. But we went to the symphony regularly as well.
4. What shoes are you wearing right at this moment?
I'm not wearing shoes (I know, big shock there!). I'm wearing heavy gray wool sox. It's very cold this morning.
5. What do people who know you think is your best feature?
I dunno. Sense of humor? Beast always accuses me of being "kind." He also likes...well, nevermind. ;-)
6. What do you like on your pizza?
I had an AWESOME piece of bacon and chicken barbecue pizza last night! Yum. Normally, though, I like anything except olives and anchovies. My choice would be sausage, Canadian bacon, onion and extra cheese.
7. Do you believe people who curse generally do so because of a lack of vocabulary?
No, I believe people swear out of laziness and habit. I have a healthy vocabulary (my Free Rice score hovers around 48 or 49), but I swear like a sailor when I'm stressed. Or angry.
8. How well do you sing?
I can carry a tune without using a bucket. I can't harmonize consistently, without help, but I'm working on that.
9. How well do you get along with your family?
My household: probably 8 on a scale of 10. My extended family: 6 or 7.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.