Monday, January 14, 2008

Curious as a Cat

(Link in blogroll)

1) If you could have the characters from any painting come to life, which painting would you choose?
I'd choose a Mary Cassatt painting, maybe this one: It is called "Alexander J. Cassatt and his Son, Robert Kelso Cassatt." I'd love to know why Cassatt painted this, instead of her usual women and/or children. And I absolutely adore the peace and close relationships she depicts in all her work. The main question I'd as these two people is "did she get it right?"
2) What athlete do you have the most respect for? Why?
Well, duh: Brett Favre. ;-) I have a great deal of respect for what Jim Brown off-the-field work (as well as what he accomplished as an athlete), and I would have done anything Reggie White asked of me. I've also always admired Cal Ripken.

You know, there are a lot of athletes and former athletes who quietly go about doing good things but don't get the press that T.O. or Michael Vick get. It's a shame.
3) What physical ailment would you most like to avoid as you age?
It's a toss-up between Parkinson's and Alzheimer's.
4) What is the most disturbing sound you know of?
A hurt child screaming is pretty bad. A hurt child NOT screaming is worse.
5) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.

Public Domain Photo
When I was a kid, I used to love watching my dog play in the snow. He was a little black Heinz57 terrier who weighed about 15 pounds and stood about 12 inches high. He would bound through deep snow like a rabbit and all you'd see was this black splodge in the middle of a white snowfield, ears flapping, tail wagging nonstop. Dude LOVED the snow! I have lots of photos of him covered in snow looking at me with that doggy expression that says, "Come PLAY with me!!" He would occasionally try to bite big snowflakes as they fell, too. Silly, funny dog.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.