Thursday, October 11, 2007

Booking Through Thursday

(Link at left)

Have you ever met one of your favorite authors? Gotten their autograph?
I actually did meet Dorothy Cannell once, several years ago. I don't do autographs; I find the whole concept really odd. Oh, and Heidi Murkoff! I did get her autograph since everyone was doing it. I have since gotten rid of the book ("What to Expect When You're Expecting") since I don't need it anymore.
How about an author you felt only so-so about, but got their autograph anyway? Like, say, at a book-signing a friend dragged you to?
Nope, see above. Having said that, I do have two books signed by Earl Emerson (which were in the donation box at work). I'm not quite sure what to do with them, but I like him, so I've kept them.
How about stumbling across a book signing or reading and being so captivated, you bought the book?
Never have been to a signing or a reading, but I imagine I'd fall in love, do stupid things like stand in line for an autograph, and then wake up the next morning saying WTF? to myself.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.