Sunday, July 23, 2006

Sunday Seven

THIS WEEK'S QUESTION:

Name seven of your favorite fictional detectives.
[I love mysteries...this'll be hard only insofar as I have to narrow it down to 'just seven']
  1. Travis McGee (John D. MacDonald) -- he, more than anyone, turned me on to modern mysteries after I finished most of the Agatha Christie books at about age 10
  2. Spenser (Robert Parker) -- I want to marry him, if only he were the marrying kind
  3. Kinsey Millhone (Sue Grafton) -- I want to be her!
  4. V.I. Warshawski (Sara Paretsky) -- the only author I've read recently who can make me angry, happy, sad, disgusted, sarcastic, and suicidal...in the space of 10 pages of text
  5. The Vegas CSI team ("CSI") -- I *heart* Gil Grissom, Sara Sidle, Warwick Brown, Catherine Willows, and Nick Stokes!
  6. Roderick Alleyn (Ngaio Marsh) -- Marsh wrote dozens of books; I could read them all over and over every day until I die and be happy
  7. Thomas Lynley’s team (Elizabeth George) -- Perfection, just perfection
I hate to leave out Stephanie Plum (she's awfully one-dimensional though) and all of Marcia Muller's and Joan Hess's books. It's a shame to leave out "Quincy" and "Murder, Ink." What about Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys, not to mention the Bobbsey Twins? sigh...

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.