Friday, November 17, 2017

Friday 5 x5

(Link in meme-roll)
More (and more) Questions About Buildings and Food
  1. What’s the best layered food?
    Dirt cake is right up there....
  2. What’s the best rolled food?
    I like those little salami/cheese/tortilla things.
  3. What’s the most recent cuisine you’ve tried for the first time from an ethnicity not your own?
    Uhm...I can't think of any new ethnic food I've eaten. I've been pretty narrowly focused on fast- or cheap food.
  4. What’s a food that scares you?
    Live octopus, still moving. Thank you, "Amazing Race."
  5. What’s something you eat solely because it’s good for you?
    Yogurt.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
October 6 through 10
Yeah. Another set of questions about my least favorite month!
  1. The first week of October is National Customer Service Week in the United States and Kenya. Where have you received especially good customer service?
    My health insurance company has been so amazing and helpful though the past couple of months. So have all the medical people, but that's technically not customer service I guess.
  2. The second Saturday in October was National Tree-Planting Day in Mongolia. When did you last do anything resembling tree-planting?
    I watered plants sometime recently....
  3. October 4 was World Animal Day (the feast day of Francis of Assisi, the Patron Saint of Animals). What’s an obscure animal you know a thing or two about?
    Echidnas are cool.
  4. October 6 was National Poetry Day in Ireland and the United Kingdom. What’s a line of poetry that springs to mind now that you’re thinking about poetry?
    "When lilacs last in the dooryard bloom'd..."
  5. What’s in your pocket?
    Chapstick.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Functions
  1. What are you holding your breath in anticipation of?
    I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving, probably a little bit more than I should by rights.
  2. What most recently gave you goosebumps?
    Something on the way to see Beast the other day made chills go up my spine. I can't remember what it was, just where I was.
  3. What’s giving you that pain in the neck?
    Sleeping in chairs.
  4. What’s making your heart ache?
    Everything is hard right now.
  5. What are you yawning at?
    Life. I'm exhausted, and the news I got yesterday about Beast returning home needing 24/7 attention didn't exactly help.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Space
  1. Of all the spaces in your residence, which is most powerfully your space?
    This corner of the couch, and the bathtub. The latter of which is calling to me rather stridently.
  2. What’s the most spacious space in your everyday life?
    Sleep.
  3. What’s a good song about space?
    The only one I can think of is "Major Tom."
  4. What’s under your bed?
    Dust. Lots of it. I was down there a couple of nights ago picking up something that rolled under: yuck!
  5. What are your thoughts on typing one or two spaces after sentences?
    I've been retrained to use just one space, but it's been hard.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Makin’ It
  1. What skill seems like it would be really fun to learn?
    I bought a kit for making friendship bracelets today. That's about my level of fun and skill right now.
  2. Which of the winter Olympic sports would you love to compete in?
    I'm pretty sure my only skill here is curling, and only if I don't have to have skates on.
  3. What fun craft did you make when you were a kid, in school or at camp or somewhere else?
    I loved making plaster molds and painting them.
  4. If everyone in the world is the best in the world at some very specific thing, what are you most likely the best at?
    Procrastinating important things and then running around like a crazy person to get them done at the last minute.
  5. What’s something you own that was handmade by someone you know?
    The knitted blanket I took a nap under this afternoon was made by one of my college roommates.

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

Welcome back! xo

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.