Sunday, September 10, 2017

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
Let's Pretend

1. What is your middle name?
Well, according to the Social Security database, it's in the top 40 names of the last century, but it hasn't been in the top 200 list since the 1950s when it was only in the top 70 or so names. I don't think I've met anyone my age or younger with that name, but you all certainly would recognize it as a "real name" if you heard it.
2. What is your favorite color?
Blue. And I'm not really fussy about what blue: teal, baby, navy, denim... Blue.
3. What’s your lucky number?
I don't think I have one. I don't "play the numbers" as a rule so it's not much of an issue. I have some "favorite" numbers, but not because they're "lucky."
However, there are some weird coincidences in our family in terms of birthdays: lots of people born on the 27th or 25th of various months and we have a pretty good record of having kids born in years ending in 3 since 1933, except we missed 2003 because my nieces missed the program.
4. Do you have any pets?
Just our little guinea pig, Pinto.
5. Where are you from?
This pretty little planet between Mars and Venus. It's lovely. You should visit. Maybe not during hurricane season, though.
6. How tall are you?
At my tallest, I was around 1.73 meters. I've shrunk some since then though.
7. What shoe size are you?
I'm running at about 10 these days. Somehow, it feels like they just keep growing, but I think it's just that my arches keep falling more and more.
8. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
Ha ha ha ha. I'm not quite Imelda-level, but my mom kind of was...it's a goal. We all need goals, right?
9. What was your last dream about?
I have had a bunch of super-weird dreams this week. Lots of traveling, packing, and cleaning. Yeah. Go nuts with all that interpretation.
10. What talents do you have?
Ugh. Right now, it seems my talent involves headaches and irritated GI tracts. Not feeling the joy today.
11. Are you psychic in any way?
I don't even know if I buy psychic powers, to be honest. Sometimes things happen that are creepily coincidental, but I don't think it's psychic.
12. Favorite song?
"Amazing Grace" either the traditional version (sung fairly straight) or Chris Tomlin's version. Though a good gospel version will rock me too.
13. Favorite movie?
Shoah.
14. Are you religious?
Yes.
15. Have you ever been to the hospital?
Of course. I was a candystriper for cryin' out loud. I spent time in hospitals from about age 2 as a visitor (very sick sister). I take Beast to the hospital again this Thursday for another nerve treatment. I spend a lot of time in hospitals. I've only been a patient IN the hospital twice though, thank God!
16. Have you ever been in trouble with the law?
I've gotten one ticket in my life. And I got pulled over last spring because my car came up as suspended, according to the cop; he was really sweet, and it was because Beast's license is suspended, not the car.
17. Have you ever met any celebrities?
Not really. It's not my thing to search them out.
17. What color socks are you wearing?
I have naked feet. It's still summer in my house!
18. Have you ever been famous?
Noooo....I've been in the paper a couple of times when I was interviewed at work. I don't really think that counts, though; both times were local papers.
20. Would you like to be a big celebrity?
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!
21. What type of music do you like?
I like almost every kind of music, especially if I understand it. Like, I don't really get Asian music but that's probably because I have no conception of how it works, what it's supposed to sound like.
22. How many pillows do you sleep with?
Just one. I have an extra for reading in bed, but it puts my neck at a weird angle for sleeping.
23. What position do you usually sleep in?
Always on my side. Would love to sleep on my stomach sometimes, but not with a CPAP on my face. The only time I ever sleep on my back is if I have an upset stomach. I know, don't ask.
24. How big is your house?
It's about 2100 sq. feet plus basement. FAR too large for two people, but it's full of cra ...er, furniture and uh, stuff, that one or the other of us refuses to get rid of: "we might need it someday."
25. What do you typically have for breakfast?
Usually a bagel with some kind of (sliced) cheese on it.

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

#16--I've never been pulled over, I think I would pee myself if I did!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.