Sunday, September 24, 2017

Sunday Stealing x 2

(Link in meme-roll)
Never Have I Ever

1. Have you ever had chicken pox?
I had the chicken pox when I was in Kindergarten during one of the worst snowstorms of my childhood. It was so bad it was literally the only time I ever remember losing power in the house for multiple days. What this meant was being buried in heavy, itchy wool blankets on the couch while being instructed not to scratch the itches.
2. Have you ever shopped in Home Depot?
I have, quite often. I sort of feel like I need to switch loyalties to Lowes now that my brother works there, but HD is much nearer!
3. Have you ever spied on your neighbors?
Only from my front porch or the street. I do enjoy driving around in winter--during Christmas light season--peering in people's windows from my car but I never have felt the urge to peep.
4. Have you ever ridden in a limo?
Yup. I think that time of my life is over now though.
5. Have you ever had a pet fish?
I seem to recall bringing a fish home from a school carnival at some point, though I have no memory whatsoever of what happened afterward if I did.
6. Have you ever lied about your age?
When I was just under the legal age to drink, I did a few times. The "problem" is that when I was 18, the drinking age where I was was 18. They raised it to 19 weeks before I turned 19, and then in two years they raised it to 21 not too long before I turned 21. So, I never really had to lie. I've never been carded and rejected. My life is so hard!
7. Have you ever fired a gun?
Not a real gun. I had a cap-gun as a kid though. Loved that pistol!
8. Have you ever been ice skating?
Yes, once. I do not like falling down and I'm not at all graceful, so it really wasn't much fun.
9. Have you ever played golf?
Yup. I didn't suck.
10. Have you ever hidden on Halloween because you had no candy for trick or treaters?
Of course! When the candy is gone, it's gone.
11. Have you ever made a prank call?
Oh, dear, I spent some quality time doing weird phone tricks and calling people when I was 11 or 12. That was back in the day when you could actually dial your own number, hang up real fast, and the phone would ring and "connect" you with "yourself." And good old running refrigerators. ;-)
12. Have you ever gotten a tattoo?
Nope. Not interested. I tend to appreciate scars more than tats.
13. Have you ever had a massage?
For several years, I was getting a massage every month. That time in my life is probably over as well.
14. Have you ever locked your keys in the car?
All . The . Damned . Time . Seriously, I was never so glad to start driving a car as I was when I got my Ford Edge with the numerical door lock. I have not gone more than 3 months without having to use it to rescue my keys in the past 2-3 years!
15. Have you ever ridden a horse?
Yup. I would like to do it again, though I was fairly terrified.
16. Have you ever been to the circus?
Yes. Twice in America and once in Russia. I preferred the Russian one.
17. Have you ever been to Europe?
A few times. Right now, all other things being equal and assuming I could get a good job, I'd move to England in less than a heartbeat.
18. Have you ever built a fire?
Yes. Not too badly, either.
19. Have you ever been skydiving?
No, and I think it would be silly to start now. I'd probably kill myself. I've always wanted to, though, and one of our regular long-time patrons at the library took herself skydiving for her 70th birthday this summer. I was seriously impressed; she is quite retiring and quiet and sort of nervous. Props to her!
20. Have you ever bought something at a garage sale?
Yes, but not for a VERY long time!
21. Have you ever walked in on someone having sex?
Seems like that should have happened at least once in college, but I must have suppressed the memory.
22. Have you ever faked an injury to get out of something?
Of course. It's really been more of a case of playing up minor injuries/illnesses than total fabrication.
23. Have you ever been to a nude beach?
This is something I fear happening by accident, not something I'd do on purpose!!
24. Have you ever received a speeding ticket?
I have, indeed.
25. Have you ever run a marathon?
I've run INTO a Marathon (gas station), but I can't run from the house to the street so a marathon is not likely anytime soon.


Today is a Fashion Show

1. A way to win your heart
Tell me funny stories about yourself and make faces with/at little kids in public.
2. Something you feel strongly about
Donald Trump is a twat. [be assured that I do not use that last word lightly--I find it extremely offensive, and use it here only because what I want to call him is a word I simply cannot bring myself to type]
3. A book you love
The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder. As an adult, I have found comfort in the books of Proverbs and Ecclesiastes.
4. Five pet peeves
1. Loud talkers in places that really ought to be quiet (like hospital waiting rooms).
2. Entitled people of any age over about 5; the younger the age, the more forgiving I am.
3. Days when I hit every M-F'in light red, or I'm behind someone who refuses to speed up on a stale green.
4. Pennies.
5. Having to be a grown-up when all I want to do is be age 8 again.
5. What you ate today
Two breakfast burritos from McDonald's and diet coke. A cherry danish. A Quarter-Pounder, fries and another diet coke. A corner piece of day-old birthday cake. Half a can (so far) of diet Dr. Pepper, a hoagie roll with margarine and two Pop-Tarts. Don't judge me.
6. How important do you think education is?
Vital.
7. Five people you find attractive
Mike Tomlin.
Ryan Reynolds.
Sandra Bullock.
Helen Mirren.
Shemar Moore. (I mean, really!)
8. What you wore today
Gray clam-diggers, purple T-shirt, underwear, crocs sandles, and my "Care Team" ID tag.
9. Something you always think “what if” about
I really don't do this; I mean, there's literally nothing I can change about the past, so why worry about it. It can be a fun game, but it can bite you in the ass too.
10. Something you’re proud of
Sparky, though I can only take partial credit there. My career and my serenity; those are ALL on me, with a lot of help from my friends.
11. Something you lust after
Sleep.
12. A word/phrase that makes you laugh
There's a part in our readings at meetings that cracks me up every time we get together: "[12-step program], as such, ought never be organized..." Now THERE is an organization that is perfect for me!!
13. A quote you try to live by
"It is not your job to complete the task of perfecting the world, but neither are you free to desist from it." [Mishnah]
14. Something you like and dislike about yourself.
I like that I don't get hysterical very often. I dislike that I feel guilty about everything.
15. A problem that you have had
Making myself do things BEFORE they are due. I hate how much I procrastinate myself into boxes.

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

So many good answers here! :)

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.