Saturday, September 9, 2017

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Sign of the Times (2017)
... because Cat. [me!!] recommended Harry Styles [I did?]
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here

1) In this song, Harry sings, "We don't talk enough, we should open up before it's all too much." When you have something serious on your mind, who do you share it with?
Beast, you-all here online, God.
2) As a kid, Harry wanted to be a lawyer because he can see "both sides." Are you good at seeing both sides of an argument?
Yes, to my own loss quite often.
3) He can't decide which is favorite color -- orange or blue. Help Harry out: which of those colors do you prefer?
What a combination ... especially around here, he'd be fine wearing both. I prefer blue. Orange is not a favorite.
4) Harry says he prefers older women, but would never go out with someone older than his mother. Do you think age disparity matters in romance?
Not once both parties are out of their teens. There's something decidedly skeevy about an adult dating a teen, by which I mean 10+ years age difference.
5) He admits to a big crush on Adele, who is six years older than he is. Who are you crushing on right now? (It doesn't have to be a celebrity.)
My heart belongs to Beast, but my eyes can't help but notice well-spoken guys of any age with a good sense of humor and lack of entitlement.
6) It makes Harry's skin crawl when he sees people use their teeth to open bottles. What creeps you out?
Butt cracks. I have seen far FAR too many of them at work. Doesn't matter the gender, the age, the relative cleanliness of the rest of the person, I do NOT need to see your but while you're using a library computer!!
7) When he's on the road, his go-to food is tacos. Do you like Mexican food?
I do. I actually really love real Mexican food. It's kind of one of my comfort foods.
8) Harry has never smoked. Have you ever been a smoker? If you quit, how did you successfully kick the habit?
Thank the Good Lord from keeping me away from this particular addiction! I don't remember anyone smoking that was in my life during those formative years when you're trying to impress people. My sister Ellen smoked, as did (does?) her husband, but otherwise I had a remarkably smoke-free adolescence. Unless you count those of my friends who smoked pot, of course....
9) Random Question: As she pulls out of her parking space, an elderly woman in an old car scrapes an expensive car. Then she drives away. You witness the whole thing. Do you make a note of her license plate and leave it for the owner of the expensive car? Or do you just mind your own business?
Hmm, that's a great ethical conundrum. In my town, it's quite likely that I know one or the other of these people, so that is going to color my decision a bit. Generally, though, I'm more likely to pretend I saw nothing. We have a pocket of horrible, entitled jerks living in the area; it's always nice to see them get theirs.

5 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

#9. Yes.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

9 answer. Lol! I'd be torn, too.
My mother smoked and so I had smoke in life since infancy. It lead mine and my bro's smoking. Glad you escaped it!
We both love real Mexican food. :o)

Cat. said...

Ironically, y'all: I'm wearing a blue T-shirt with orange print on it. Didn't even realize when I grabbed it. lol

Stacy said...

I would probably have a fight with my inner morality police if I knew one of the people in #9. I'd be dying to gloat if they were as you described.

CountryDew said...

#9 LOL and Butt cracks double LOL.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.