Friday, September 29, 2017

Friday 5

(Link in meme-roll)
Payday
  1. From whom did you receive your first real paycheck?
    My hometown library was my first actual check, as opposed to the cash I got for babysitting.
  2. Among board games involving the exchange of money, which have you enjoyed most?
    I actually can't play Payday--I get really angry and turn into Terrible Loser. So, I'll go with Life.
  3. PayDay is the name of a candy bar consisting of salted peanuts rolled in caramel surrounding a firm, nougat-like center. How does it sound to you if you haven’t tried it, and how do you like it if you have? Is there a similar candy bar you like better?
    It's surprisingly good. It always looked shady to me--nuts and sugar??--but once I gave in and tried it once, I was pleased. Don't know why it confused me so much: my dad spent a lot of time making (and eating) peanut-brittle, which tastes nothing like Paydays, by the way.
  4. When did you last do something nice for yourself just because it was pay day?
    Years. I have money in the bank, so I don't have to wait till I get paid to buy most things. Yes, I do know how fortunate I am.
  5. What person with the surname Day are you most familiar with?
    Dorothy Day, I guess.
* For the last question, I wanted to ask which member of the Partridge Family is your favorite, but I have a feeling that’s a question only I want to expound upon (Laurie, of course!), so I’ll just leave it here in case anyone is led to respond.
Well, this is just as easy for me: Keith of course! Though I always really liked Mom, too. If you liked Shirley Jones in that show, or in Oklahoma! DO NOT read her recent autobiography!

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.