Saturday, August 19, 2017

Friday 5

(Link in meme-roll)
Homecoming
A few questions inspired by Spider-Man: Homecoming. As always, I tried to write the questions so that you needn’t have seen the movie to answer the questions however you wish.
  1. What’s the crime like in your neighborhood?
  2. We are pretty much limited to (illegal-in-this-state) fireworks and kids taking money out of unlocked cars. Some speeding, some loud partying. Our county has a map of sex offenders, and we are surrounded, but not directly in this neighborhood. Three hundred yards away, the houses are tiny and cheap and far from schools.
  3. If you could have attended one of those high schools with a specific academic focus, such as performing arts, studio arts, sustainability, science and technology, international languages and diplomacy, or some option you thought of yourself, which would you have chosen when you were thirteen?
  4. I wouldn't have. My parents, rather, wouldn't have. We're big believers in well-rounded education in my family.
  5. What was memorable about a party you remember from high school?
  6. I can count on one hand the number of parties I went to in high school. They were all memorable for different reasons, but none of them were mad raves or crazy drink-fests.
  7. Which of your older relatives is (or was) the handsomest or prettiest?
  8. My crazy brother-in-law (Jan) was startlingly good-looking till he hit about 50, and since then has dropped right off that chart 100%. My second nephew Don used to look a lot like Brando did in his youth. The rest of us just look like people you see everywhere. I was accosted at the baseball game last weekend by someone asking how things were going with me, etc., who then realized I wasn't "Lauren" or whoever from St. John's Lutheran Church in [town in a state where I don't currently live]. It's quite weird when this happens.
  9. What was homecoming like at your high school? How did you feel about it?
  10. I didn't go. I wasn't dating anyone at that time, I felt (feel) strongly that holding onto--or getting into--a relationship just for Homecoming is not the person I want(ed) to be.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.