Saturday, July 22, 2017

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Don't Stop (1977)
... because Country Dew recommended Fleetwood Mac
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Since we're not supposed to stop thinking about tomorrow, let's talk about it: What are your plans for Sunday?
We're probably going to church. After that, I don't know. I probably should do some serious house-cleaning, but let's be realistic: I'm not going to do it.
2) Fleetwood Mac was formed 50 years ago in London. Fifty years is considered a "golden anniversary." Do you wear more silver or gold?
Silver.
3) This song is from Rumours, which has sold 40 million copies. Is it in your collection?
Nope. When it was popular, I was (I think) too young to understand its appeal. I like most of the songs just fine now, though. They bring back great memories.
4) It was written by keyboardist and vocalist Christine McVie. She was born Christine Perfect, a name that earned her a fair share of teasing when she was a school girl. Do you recall being teased in school? What about?
I got teased for wearing glasses and being a nerd and "too nice." And, a little, for my name, but there isn't anything really awful people can do with it--it wasn't till I was an adult that someone told me it is quite similar to a foreign word meaning "death" or "murder." That was a fun day at work. ;-)
5) Before Fleetwood Mac, she was in a band called Chicken Shack. If you were to order out for a chicken dinner, which restaurant would you turn to?
I'd probably hit the grocery store. We hadn't ever picked up from one of the locals here, but last month I did and it was surprisingly good. However, the people working there lived right down to their usual standard of snarkiness, and I got felt-up (OK, hugged, but he's not someone I had EVER met before!) by a creepy guy who insisted on discussing who got the "last breast." Beast will be picking up anything there in the future.
6) Before she could pay all her bills with her music, she supported herself as a window dresser for a London department store. Do you enjoy walking along, just window shopping? Or do you consider "looking with no intention to buy" a waste of time?
I do not like to window shop. I like to get in, get out, and get home.
7) When she found herself making big money, one of the first things Christine bought was a pair of matching Mercedes for herself and then-husband, John McVie. If you were handed a check for $1 million, what's the first thing you would do with the money?
Pay off the house.
8) The other girl in Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks, founded the Soldier's Angel Foundation. She believes in the healing power of music, and so she's proud to provide wounded soldiers with iPods already loaded with music. When you listen to music from your phone, MP3 player or iPod, do you use ear buds or headphones?
I, uh, rarely use anything but CD players and Spotify (on computer) to listen. It makes me nervous not being able to hear what's going on around me when I'm walking or working out. At work, I'm plugged into my computer with earbuds.
9) Random question: Let's pretend your high school reunion is coming up. Which classmate are you more curious about: the one who was your first date, or the one who was too cool to give you the time of day?
I've no interest in seeing my first date, but he's in a different class year from me. And judging by my attendance at the only reunion I've attended, the cool kids are still idiots and drama queens. So, I'd just hang out with whoever was fun and interesting and not an asshole. Pretty much like high school itself. [I am actually Facebook friends with someone I once had a massive crush on--he is a classic case of "thank God I came to my senses!"]

8 sweet-talkers :

zippiknits...sometimes said...

#6. Absolutely!
The glasses thing. Why does it occur to kids to tease about them? I was hoping that kids were being raised differently/better and more tolerantly, than those on my way back machine. But my daughter was bullied because she was to sweet to fight back, super smart and could run faster than the Jr.Hi. boys.

Stacy said...

#9 I've interest in reunions, either, and I've got a couple of those "thank goodness I came to my senses" guys in my past. They are on Facebook and every time they post certain things I just think "whew!" On the other hand, a guy who was a good friend, but a total nerd and not at all hot turned out to be really, really hot and has lived an exciting and adventurous life (safari guide in Africa, river guide, hostel owner in Alaska...). Maybe I'd have been interested if I'd have had a clue how he'd turn out.

Stacy said...

NO interest. It should read that I've no interest in reunions.

CountryDew said...

Apparently reunions shall become a thing of the past in the very near future, based on these answers.

Cat. said...

Stacy: LOL totally got ya. :)

Kids are mean, and some kids never learn at home how not to be mean. And those kids always seem to grow up to be Important People, yeah?

Reunions can be fun. But they can also be horrible.

The Gal Herself said...

#5 - How creepy! They're lucky anyone from your household sets foot in their store, ever again!

Cat. said...

Yeah. Well. It's The J-place (local renowned grocery chain) and it's about the only game in town outside WalMart.

Diana_CT said...

I'm like you shopping. I know what I want go in and get it and leave.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.