Sunday, May 14, 2017

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The Getting to Know You Questions

1. What is your occupation right now? How long have you been there?
I've been a librarian for almost exactly 29 years (I started my first full time job in June of 1988). The job I'm at now is my second full-time gig, second job so to speak.
2. Favorite rock band. Ever.
The one I go back to most often is The Beat--usually The English Beat here. They just make me happy.
3. What are you listening to right now?
We're catching up on last night's SNL. I love Melissa McCarthy so much.
4. Last person you spoke to on the phone. What was it about?
Sparky called me this morning to wish me happy Mom's Day.
5. How old are you today? Or make up a question. This one bites.
I'm 53.5 + two days. Friday was my mother-in-law's birthday.
6. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV?
Football. This probably comes as a huge shock to everyone.
7. What is your favorite drink?
This is probably going to be an even bigger shock: diet Dr. Pepper.
8. Have you ever dyed your hair?
I did for about 10 years when it first started to get gray streaks. Once it seemed like it was less streaky, I stopped. I was still in my 40s, but at this point people describe me as "that gray-haired woman at the library"--and I'm not EVEN the oldest person there! I'm considering doing something like green or blue though.
9. Favorite food?
Carbs: sugar, bread, pasta. All the carbs!
10. What is the last movie you watched?
At the theater is was La-La Land. I really want to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2, but I'm not sure how that's going to happen unless I go alone. Beast isn't doing well.
11. Favorite day of the year?
I love days like today: 65-70 degree temps, no humidity, sun. I also really enjoy [School] Project judging day. And Thanksgiving.
12. How do you vent anger?
I talk. It's not the best possible way. I've also been known to shout (ahem) and/or cry, but I do that less these days as, apparently, it scares the shit out of my coworkers and causes me to get bad performance reviews. Now that I have becoming emo-free* at work, I'm back to my usual levels on reviews.
13. What was your favorite toy as a child?
Depends on the age. My jumprope, jacks, toy cars, and various dolls are probably up there, as are the many many library books I read.
14. Living arrangements? (Of course your pets count. Geez!)
I live with Beast and Pintobean. One is a human male, one is a male guinea-pig.
15. What was the last thing that you cried about?
I got a little teary with the African kids that came and sang at our church last week. But see * for why I don't really cry as much as I used to.
16. Who is the friend you have had the longest?
I'm friends with someone who went to the same babysitter after school as I did in the 70s. She's a couple of years older than me, but that matter way more in 1972 than it does now!
17. What did you do last night?
Caught up on DVR'd TV shows and played games on the laptop. And watched a race, including a really fucking scary wreck. By rights, several of the drivers should have been permanently incapacitated. Sounds like they are all walking away, more or less.
18. What are you most afraid of?
Pain.
19. In how many areas of your country have you lived? What's your favorite?
I've lived in the midwest my entire life, either the far Western part or the middle/northern part. I like Colorado best.
20. What is your favorite flower? (Ugh. Quite the note to go out on. But hell, we steal the questions. I guess you get what you pay for.)
Home-grown heirloom roses. But I'm not fussy; just don't bring white lilies!
__________________
*i.e. heavily medicated with psych drugs

2 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I forget about The Beat--they were great!

Cat. said...

...I can't believe you've heard of them...! Ireland? Or did they actually chart here?

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.