Sunday, April 16, 2017

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The Place for Pumpkin Questions

1. If "happiness" was the global currency, what kind of work would make you a gazillionaire?
My current job would probably have me be rolling in dough. I really do enjoy myself at work, and love my job. Except, when, you know, politics happens.
2. Would you break the law to save someone you loved? And, if so, how far would you be willing to take it?
Depends on the law. If it's a stupid law, or a morally wrong one, I wouldn't really have compunction about sacrificing it before a loved one. I would, of course, always pick someone I like to survive in a head-to-head battle over someone I didn't know/like.
3. Is it possible to really know the truth without questioning it first?
Not about most things. We really aren't born "knowing things" too often. And the stuff we are is pounded out of us well before we turn 5.
4. Do you remember that one time . . . oh, about 5 years ago or so . . . when you were really, really upset? Does it really matter now? If not now, then when?
Five years ago I was pretty much mad and panicky about everything. And yeah, it was a tempest in a teapot for the most part. Why? What have you heard?
5. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
In some areas, yes. Pretty much anything that causes children to suffer is evil. Cancer is evil. Some things are much harder to determine. Should Hitler have been assassinated in the 30s before he could inflict the war and the Holocaust on people?
6. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
I've reached the happy age where the confluence of tiredness and lack of caring have put a stop to anything that's likely to get me in trouble. I really don't care if I'm judged. I'm going to be judged regardless of what I do.
7. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
I would prefer to never have to do any housework ever again. Otherwise, I'm in a good place.
8. Would you rather be an anxious genius, or a tranquil fool?
Right now, Tranquil Fool sounds like a very peaceful way to die.
9. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
My job is very much about the former; that's where the payoff is. However, over the last 3 or so years, I've really become far more interested in doing the latter. The real payoff is there, but it's approximately 800 times harder.
10. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
I definitely feel like my age today. Lovely spring day means hello allergies and sore eyes. And the fact that I had two cookies with dinner has made me queasy. Two cookies = too much sugar?? WTF....oh well.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.