Friday, March 3, 2017

Friday 5 x3

(Link in meme-roll)
Yule Never Be Alone
  1. About how many family Christmas photo-cards did you receive this year*?
  2. Maybe 3 or 4. I don't remember, though they are literally scattered everywhere in the house. I need to clean.
  3. About how many family Christmas newsletters did you receive this year?
  4. I can only remember two.
  5. What do you do with the Christmas photo-cards and newsletters you get each year?
  6. I used to save them, but more recently I just stack them up in assorted places.
  7. What’s a good solution for singles who want to participate in this tradition without coming across as a loser?
  8. Single people aren't losers. Talk up all the stuff that married couples would kill for: privacy, quiet, cheaper travel (sometimes), etc. I always loved getting letters from singles when we had a kid. It made me terribly envious.
  9. About how many old-school, hand-addressed Christmas cards did you receive this year?
  10. Not more than about 5 that I recall. We stopped sending them about 5 years ago, and we're down to the die-hards, mostly family.
* Yeah, yeah. It was last year, but you know what I mean

Rest
  1. When did you last need a few days of complete rest and nothing else?
  2. I took last weekend off completely: left town on my own and spent two full days just hanging out and reading and sleeping.
  3. How do you keep yourself occupied when you have to be in bed all day and night?
  4. Reading, puzzles, mindless TV if can stagger to the living room.
  5. Who do you most want to hear from when you have to withdraw to your bed for a few days of rest?
  6. If I'm that sick, I really don't want anyone near me. For their sake, but also because I'm so easily annoyed.
  7. What adverse effects have you experienced while staying in bed for a few days?
  8. Total loss of stamina and muscle tone.
  9. When you first notice a few symptoms, are you more likely to shut everything down right away, or try to power through until you don’t have a choice anymore?
  10. No, I crap out as early as possible and sleep.

Something’s Astir
  1. What did you last use a spatula for?
  2. I bought a take 'n bake pizza at Aldi's last night after work. I spatula'd the slices.
  3. What did you last use your can opener for?
  4. Hmm. Chili makin's last month. There's still hardened condensed milk on it. I need to figure out how to soak it....
  5. What did you last pick up with a pair of tongs?
  6. I can't remember. I remember using them sometime or another fairly recently, but not sure what I was doing.
  7. What did you last use a ladle for?
  8. The aforementioned chili, of course!
  9. What did you last stir with a wooden spoon?
  10. The last batch of mac'n'cheese required two, per the norm.

2 sweet-talkers :

onebadscrivener said...

Condensed milk in a chili recipe? I need details!

Cat. said...

No, no, sorry! The milk was for 7-Layer Bars in December. lol

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.