Sunday, November 6, 2016

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
Ask, ask, ASK

1 - Who was the last person you texted?
I responded to a (small) group Facebook PM this morning; this and my phone messaging are now linked so it's ridiculously easy to text the wrong person by accident from my phone now! However, this one was legit. My reply: "I'll defer to Leslie on this , but I will campaign for you guys too. And as long as it's not on a Tuesday or Wednesday, I'll totally be there." This in response to an out-of-state friend whose husband has just written a book and is looking to do a bookstore visit at our local indie to publicize it. I know the owner. And "Leslie" works there.
2 - When is your birthday?
In 6 days.
3 - Who do you want to be with right now?
No one. I will have the house to myself for a couple of weeks starting tomorrow for the first time in MONTHS! I can't wait!
4 - What sports do you play?
I don't.
5 - Who is the first person in your blogroll?
"First"? It's alphabetized, and I can't even remember who got added when. A couple of those listed are mine, so I guess those would be the oldest.
6 - What is your favorite song at the moment?
I woke up with P!nk's "OMG" on repeat play in my head this morning. While I did hear it (in headphones) at work this week, it isn't the song one would expect me to be humming, not of late. Disclaimer: do NOT click on that link if you are in a PG-rated location!!
7 - If you were stranded on an island, who do you wish to be with?
MacGyver, preferably the old one, not the current one. But he doesn't need to RUSH getting us rescued, just that he's able to do it eventually.
8 - What do you feel right now?
The of-late ever-present sinus headache. Slightly chilly feet (it's 64 degrees and the front door is open ON NOVEMBER 6!! Crazy weather!). And the laptop keys. Because yes I am that literal.
9 - What chocolate is your favorite?
Cadbury. Which is now owned by Kraft, so it's going to get crappy. After that, I'll be heading to Germany for my choco fix.
10 - How many boyfriends/girlfriends did you have?
Cue massive increase in headache pain. Jeez, I'm nearly 53; when will this question just stop!?
11 - Why did you create a blog account?
Because I'm a huge copycat and all the Kool Kids were doing it!
12 - Who is your favorite blogger?
Amy. I never know what I'm going to get when she posts, but it's always ALWAYS interesting.
13 - Where do you want to be right now?
As always, I would love to be in the Colorado mountains somewhere in a cabin with a very comfy bed, snuggling in for a mid-afternoon nap next to a cuddly puppy.
14 - What do you want to be in the future?
Alive. One of the kids in Sunday School today said that her plan for adulthood is to "live until [she] die[s]." I call that a pretty good life plan.
15 - When was the last time you cried? Why?
Friday at my meeting because I was having a mini-pity-party for myself.
16 - Are you happy?
Driving home from Sparky's yesterday, I found myself thinking that life is Pretty Damn Good right now (then): between the weather, the beautiful skies and trees, Beast snoring next to me in the passenger seat, knowing Sparky's doing all right, on a good road with sensible drivers, the smell of burning leaves around us......
17 - Who do you miss?
This weekend, it's my dad. Yesterday would have been his 97th birthday. He died when he was (just barely) 75. I miss him.
18 - If you were given a chance, would you like to have a different life?
There've been a lot of books of late that talk about being reborn in the same body over and over and what you could change and what you would change once you know what those changes do to the rest of your life. I'd love to do that. Except for having to suffer the loss of good people over and over again....
19 - What was the best thing you were given?
Overall, it has to be a stock of strength: physical, emotional, spiritual.
20 - Who was the last person who called you?
Looks like the last incoming call was a reminder on Wednesday about an appointment on Thursday.
21 - What is your favorite dish?
I'm making homemade mac n cheese tonight with hot dogs for Beast as a bye-bye meal. It is my favorite, hands down, too. My favorite LITERAL dish is perhaps the one I make that meal in. :-)
22 - Who is your best friend?
I have a lot of superb friends, and I feel blessed for every one of them and for every single thing I receive from them not to mention the minimal things I'm able to do for them.
23 - What is your biggest regret?
How much I've let fear rule my decisions.
24 - Have you ever avoided your partner?
Well of course!
25 - Who do you spend crazy moments with?
Anyone willing to put up with me!

1 sweet-talkers :

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Boy can I relate to #23. And Pink. The first things I heard of hers were not X rated. So, I thought I'd like her stuff. Big surprises came later.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.