Saturday, November 26, 2016

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Baby's in Black (1964)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Black is this week's signature color because Friday, November 25, was "Black Friday," when retailers cut their prices and consumers flock to the stores. Did you score any "Black Friday" bargains?
Hell no! i worked yesterday. Had I not worked, I would have been right here at home all day.
2) Feasting and football are also popular Thanksgiving weekend pastimes. Do your Thursday-Sunday plans include pigging out or watching a game?
Did both on Thursday. All the games were teams I didn't care about at all. I will probably do more eating today and tomorrow, but I think I'm footballed out. Sparky and I may go to a movie this afternoon.
3) At Thanksgiving dinners, Crazy Sam's homemade gravy is always a hit. (Probably because she's so generous with the cognac, which gives the gravy a nutty taste.) What was particularly delicious at your Thanksgiving table?
Our turkey always turns out well. The mashed potatoes generally turn out well, and we make plenty.
4) Among the biggest the Black Friday advertisers are Target, Kohl's, Macy's and Best Buy. If you could have a $100 gift card to any one of those stores, which would you choose?
Probably Kohl's. I am tired of my clothes.
5) This week's song, "Baby's in Black," is about a girl who wears black because she's in mourning. Do you find that the color you're wearing reflects your mood?
Not particularly. I mean, certain articles make me feel better but it's not the color it's the associations I have with them.
6) The woman who inspired this song, Astrid Kirchherr, has been friends with Paul McCartney since he and his bandmates (John Lennon, George Harrison, Stu Sutcliffe and Pete Best) met her in Hamburg back in 1960. Tell us what you believe are the components of a strong, lasting friendship.
Honesty, patience, space, humor, and kindness.
7) In the early days of the Beatles, Paul McCartney and John Lennon began writing a play but abandoned it. Do you have a novel, painting, play, song or poem that you're going to finish "someday?"
I haven't even started my great American novel!
8) When he was 16, George Harrison dreamed of moving to Canada, Australia or Malta. In just a few years, he would visit all those places with Beatles and eventually decided there was no place like home and stayed in England. Have you ever thought about moving to another country? If so, where?
I have occasionally wanted a place to escape to, but as I age, I prefer to stay near enough home. I just would like a bolthole.
9) Random question: Finish this sentence -- If you want me to give you "yes" for an answer, the best time to approach me is ___________________.
...when I'm fed and sleepy.

4 sweet-talkers :

The Gal Herself said...

"Bolthole" is such a good word.

CountryDew said...

When you were watching the games, did you get to the see the 5-minute version of The Star Spangled Banner by Aretha Franklin. I watched it on youtube after the fact - it was rather mesmerizing.

I am Harriet said...

You could get a lot for $100 at Kohl's right now. And then they'll give you Kohl's cash for doing it! :)

Kwizgiver said...

When I'm fed and sleepy I'm not likely to say yes. However, when I'm fresh and perky (and caffeinated) I'll agree!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.