Saturday, November 19, 2016

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Cabaret (1972)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Liza Minnelli encourages you to put down "the knitting, the book and the broom." Which of those three were you most recently doing: knitting, reading or housework?
Housework. Today's been chore-day all day until the moment I started this. I'm going to go lie down in a bit. My right leg is killing me. Fookin sciatica! Started yesterday, just in time for me to be trying to cook this week.
2) She sings that we shouldn't allow "some prophet of doom to wipe every smile away?" Do you know anyone who reliably looks at the downside of life?
I used to work with someone who did this. My husband tends this way as well. It's miserable.
3) In 1972, when this recording was popular, so was The Brady Bunch. In the two-part season premiere, The Bradys went to Hawaii. Do you have any warm weather vacation plans this fall/winter?
I do not. Maybe DC in January, but otherwise, just living day-to-day at this point.
4) Though not her uncle, just a friend to both of her parents, Liza always called Frank Sinatra as "Uncle Frank." Is there an older person in your life who isn't a blood relative, but who refer to as "aunt" or "uncle?"
Not anymore, if indeed there ever were. I am an honorary Auntie to several kids, though.
5) Liza collapsed onstage during a Christmas concert in 2007. She says she'd been nauseous before she went on and simply fainted. Sam has never fainted. Have you?
Not quite. I came very close after being dosed with epinephrine in the ER after a major allergic reaction. When I started to leave, I got to the door and had to lean on the wall...I hadn't eaten in 12-15 hours and with all the calories burned with the epinephrine, the room just went sideways on me.
6) People are often surprised when they learn Liza is good friends with Gene Simmons -- the KISS member with the long tongue. Tell us about one of your good friends.
I'm virtually certain NONE of my friends can touch their nose with their tongue!! My college roommate could cross her arms in front of her and then lift them over her head to her back. She could also step through her handcuffed arms back to front and then back. Doubt she does this anymore though.
7) Liza told US Magazine that she loves to eat at Olive Garden. Do you?
Yes. It's a guilty secret that this is my preferred celebration dinner place.
8) She keeps apple juice and yogurt in her refrigerator at all times. Would we find either in your refrigerator right now?
There's some yogurt. I'm not a huge fan of it. Apple juice...well, I don't think so, but maybe I'll get some before Thursday for the kidlets.
9) Random question: Which would be a more frustrating dinner companion -- someone who won't shut up, or someone who won't say a word?
Quiet is nice, but if it's "pointed quiet" (loud silence), it would be better to have a chatterer with you.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.