Sunday, October 16, 2016

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
Wish List Meme, part two

26.) Favorite kids name?
Right outta the gate I go pedantic: the name of my favorite kid? or my favorite name for a person (all of whom start as children)? Where's the apostrophe supposed to be???
So, my favorite name is Josephine.
My favorite kid is (naturally) Sparky, although he's 23 so I'm stretching a bit. If I exclude "former kids" and only go with current ones....seriously this is hard. There are a lot of contenders in my life. I think I have to go with my coworker's son Ian, or maybe play family-favorites and go with my great-nephew J. I've always connected to Ian's thought processes and general persona; J. is just a tough little kid, and while I'm terribly glad I'm not his mom, he totally has my heart because he's a miracle baby with serious spunk.
27.) Do you speak any other languages?
I can make myself understood in Spanish, given a forgiving Spanish-speaker with whom to deal. I can speak some pidgin Italian and Greek, and I used to have some pidgin Russian too. I can read some French and German.
28.) Do you use Twitter?
Not very often.
29.) Do you go onto YouTube?
I watch videos that others tell me about. I don't watch "shows."
30.) Do you play Angry Birds?
Nope.
31.) Do you like Angry Birds?
Well, I don't hate them or anything, but I never really understood the attraction of the whole thing.
32.) Do you like Hello Kitty?
Not particularly, but again, it's not as if I hate them.
33.) Have you ever cried because you were so happy?
All the damn time!
34.) Who would you like to see in concert?
Do I have to be in the crowd, or can I be in a box? If there's a box available, I'd see almost anyone. Bleacher seats? Nope; I'll stay home.
35.) Can you swim well?
I have come to hate this fucking question. No, goddammit, I can't swim at all!! Stop bloody ASKING!
36.) Ever won a contest?
Yup.
37.) Ever won a giveaway?
Yup. I have a couple of books on the way from GoodReads right now, in fact.
38.) Do you get a full 8 hours of sleep every night?
Only if I stayed in bed for 12 hours would that happen lately. My recent pattern is sleep for an hour, wake up and read for awhile, sleep for another hour or two, wake up and read for awhile, sleep the rest of the night (or repeat the earlier pattern once more at 4). It's ridiculous.
39.) What tea do you like?
Hot, strong, black tea.
40.) What coffee do you like?
I don't like coffee. Blech.
41.) Do you shop at Walmart?
Not very often, not if I have other options.
42.) Do you shop at Target?
I love Target, but there isn't one near us anymore.
43.) What do you order at Second Cup?
Looks like it's a Italian soda for me. However, I don't think we have any nearby; the website is a bit borked right now so I can't tell for sure.
44.)
...is missing
45.) Do you like homemade meals?
Yup. Well, I mean, I like food, and homemade is fine.
46.) Do you like homemade baked goods?
Helz yeah!
47.) Do you shop online?
I do.
48.) Name 3 stores online stores you would like to shop at:
Barnes & Noble, Amazon, and my local indie bookstore.
49.) What holiday don't you like?
I'm not a huge fan of July 4th just because everyone around here goes completely bonkers and buys scads of fireworkswhich are illegal in this state!! For good reason: people are dumb.
50.) What do you eat more of when you're sick?
Soup.

1 sweet-talkers :

Stacy said...

So many of us like to shop Barnes & Noble. I hope we buy enough to keep them in business.

I really should get on GoodReads more often. My son won an autographed book on there last month.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.