Sunday, June 19, 2016

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The Jackals Meme

Question 1: Who is your favorite Musical Artist?
My regular go-tos include Melissa Etheridge, Billy Joel, Tobymac, U2, and musicals. However, I listen to lots of different stuff because I'm very easily bored.
Question 2: What is your favorite album by that Artist?
Uh, woops. I don't really have a favorite album. I've been jonesing for a little Chorus Line lately, so I should probably go dig that out.
Question 3: Who is your Favorite Blogger?
I subscribe to close to 150 feeds; of those, there are maybe 6 that I visit literally every time they post: Kwizgiver, WTIT, Amy, Gal, local news headlines, and Awful Library Books. There are others who are close to making the cut, but right now I have 363 articles to catch up on, so...yeah. I'm a nerd.
Question 4: If you could meet anyone (dead or alive), who would it be and what is interesting about them?
I can't pick one person. Mostly, today, I'd like to go back a few decades and hang out with my dad when he was young.
Question 5: What did you want to be when you grew up?
Adult. Seriously, I didn't have big plans; I just wanted to stop having my parents boss me around. Silly me--I had no idea how dull adulthood is for very long stretches at a time!
Question 6: What is the most interesting piece of Trivia that you know?
This, you're asking a librarian?? I know so much trivia I can't even pick a direction in which to start. If we want random library stuff..., 641.5 is the Dewey Number for cookbooks, 796.357 is the number for baseball, and Melvil Dui (a.k.a Melville Dewey) was very interested in spelling reform.
Question 7: If you could live in any point of history when would it be and why?
Now. I wouldn't like to have been a woman at any other point in history.
Question 8: What do you think of the election in the U.S. so far?
I try very hard not to. I mean, my (British) niece Facebook-messaged all of us in the family the day Ted Cruz dropped out: ""Wait, so Trump really COULD BE PRESIDENT?!" Yes, we've all been told we could be president when we grew up, but none of us wanted the dumbass throwing spitwads from the back row to be in charge, did we?? [Disclaimer: I might or might not have been that dumbass at some point in my educational career....]
Question 9: What is your favorite TV drama? What do you like about it?
Favorite is probably "Criminal Minds" in reruns. Why? One word: Shemar. OK, and a photo, so you know what I mean:
Question 10: What is the most interesting job you've ever had?
I love my job now. It's rarely truly boring, there's always some kind of drama going on, the vast majority of my coworkers are outstanding people working their asses off, and I get to answer random questions all day (some days) and see all the new materials first (most days). What's not to like?

1 sweet-talkers :

jennifer anderson said...

my sister is a librarian, my mom originally wanted me to be one, but I was not mature enough to appreciate it at the time.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.