Saturday, February 20, 2016

I like cities and colors

(Found here)

When was the last time you moved to a new house?
→ October 2004. I still love this house. We're considering changing the countertops in the kitchen, and maybe redoing the lino there too. And we've had to replace a window that clouded over. Otherwise, it's great.

What's the most interesting thing in the room you're in?
→ Lots of people love the section of card catalog that Beast turned into a side table.

On a weekend, how long do you typically lay in bed before getting up?
→ Until I have to pee. But I really only get a lie-in on Saturdays. I teach Sunday School.

How long was your longest relationship?
→ I'm still on speaking terms with my siblings, who've known me now for 52 years. I've been married for 29.5 years.

What's your star sign?
→  I'm solidly a Scorpio.

Now what's the star sign of your significant other or crush?

→ He's a Scorp too, though edging closer to Sagittarius.

Which cities and/or states have you lived in?
→ I was born in Denver. I've lived in two different midwestern states since college, in 6 different cities in those states.

What can you tell me about how your parents met and how old were they?
→ My parents met in their teens. They were introduced on a blind date by mutual friends. The woman who was part of the couple introducing them ended up being the school secretary for the high school all us kids went to. Anyway, they hit it off, Mom threw down an ultimatum about her or the motorcycle, Dad picked her and they got married at 19 and 21. In the six months following their wedding, Mom's dad died and and World War II started. Dad volunteered so he could go in the Army as an officer, and he was off to basic within a few more months.

Are you in college and if not, where do you want to go to college and why?
→ I went to college, double-majored in History and Communication, double-minored in English and Spanish, and then immediately went to grad school for my Master's in Library and Information Science.

What makes your bedroom special to you, or what's your favorite part about it?
→ I love my bed. I really do. I just love the whole space in the bedroom

When washing your hands, do you wet your hands or put soap on first?
→ I tend to put some on one hand while running water over the other. Because why be normal?

If you had to pick one chore to do today, what would it be?
→ I did the laundry, except towels, and remade our bed. I did some vacation planning, and some reading, and general tidying in the kitchen. Shopping list made, though I never made it to the store.

When was the hardest you ever cried and what was the circumstance?
→ About a year ago I did a full-on ugly cry verging on total hysteria. It was not good. Otherwise, I don't remember. I cry a lot because I'm a giant weenie.

Where do you usually buy your clothes?
→ Mostly Kohl's when I'm seriously Shopping. But I fill in at F&F, Wal-Mart and Meijer. Oh, and shoes at Famous Footwear.

Are your fingernails currently short or long?
→ They're very short.

If you had to be a school teacher, which subject would you teach?
→ I teach Sunday School already. I wouldn't want to teach in a school because a) parents, and b) administration.

When it comes to relationships, are you the jealous type?
→ Nope. Haven't really ever had a cause to be.

What do you usually order at Jamba Juice?
→ I usually just get water. "Usually" meaning the one time I've been in one of these places.

How long have you had your cell phone?
→ I think we upgraded last summer? Why can I not remember?

Which gift cards do you have in your wallet?
→ None.

Which celebrity do you think is the prettiest nowadays?
→ I can't even remember most of their names anymore.


Random Questions
Who did you last talk to about the person you love?
→ "About" him? Probably earlier this week? I think I mentioned he was out of town to someone at work.

Is there something you’re not looking forward to?
→ This whole dieting thing is not something I'm looking forward to.....

Would you prefer a thunderstorm or for it to be snowing?
→ Thunderstorm. I'm sorta tired of the snow thing.

What's your favorite thing to shop for?
→ I don't really like shopping for anything. Maybe shoes?

Who was the last person you talked to last night before bed?
→ That's got to be one of the people at my meeting that walked out with me. Beast was asleep in bed when I got home.

Is there anyone you trust that you shouldn’t?
→ I tend to be far too trusting of people, in general. On the other hand, I'm fairly standoffish having worked with the public for 30 years now.

Are you excited for anything?
→ I'm going to see Amy next month, in like two weeks. I'm stoked. Haven't seen her in eons, and I get to see her new house too! And I'm going alone--girl time!--which will be delightful.

Has anyone of the opposite sex been on your mind lately?
→ Beast has been sick all day today so there's that. And one of the guys at last night's meeting has cross my mind more than once. He's got some massive shit he's dealing with.

Will you be in a relationship in the next month?
→ Well, I hope so. We've paid for a vacation in April, so I hope we're still speaking next month!

Do you think the last person you kissed cares for you?
→ I think so, yes.

Thinking back five months ago, were you single?
→ Nope.

Do you have a lighter in your room?
I don't. Beast might. He has a lot of junk on the top of his dresser.

What’s to the right of you?
→ I'm on the left end of the couch, and there's quite a pile of stuff next to me: Kleenex box, my phone, six books of varying types and sizes, a nail file, a cereal bowl, and my mouse.

Are you in a good mood?
→ Yeah, mostly. Kinda tired. Should go to bed.

Are you wearing socks?
→ I do. It is still winter.

What're you thinking about?
→ Not much. We're watching design/rehab shows on TV and trying not to hit the kitchen for more snacking.

What color shirt are you wearing?
→ Dark green sweatshirt commemorating a rodent. And a movie.

Do you love anybody?
→ I love a ton of people.

Have you kissed a boy in the last three days?
→ I've kissed my husband, yes.

Who was the last person you sat next to on a bus?
→ Since I'm not even sure how long ago I rode a bus, I have no idea who sat next to me.

Will your next hug take place within less than three hours?
→ Probably. We usually hug and kiss at bedtime.

What was the last drink you consumed?
→ Water. I have about a half a glass to finish before bed.

Where are you currently placed?
→ I'm on the couch in the living room of my house with my feet up.

Have you ever had your heart broken?
→ Seems to happen on a regular basis. I did too much crying again last night.

Do you want kids?
→ I have one. I like kids, but I also like my nice quiet, non-toy-encrusted life.

If someone loved you right now, would you want them to tell you?
→ Only if it were someone I love.

Have you ever fallen completely in love?
→ Yes. Almost as often as I find my heart broken.

Do you believe in celebrating anniversaries?
→ I don't need to blow the roof off every time, but yes, I think they should be recognized.

Have you ever been given eleven roses and a fake rose?
→ I don't even know why I would. No.

Who’s with you at the moment?
→ Beast is across the room.

Who last walked through your front door?
→ Probably Beast when he came in off the porch this morning.

Where are your favorite shoes?
→ On the floor next to the couch where I took them off last night.

What color's your underwear?
→ Teal.

Has a tragedy ever happened in your life?
→ Of course.

Are there some songs you can't listen to because they remind you of someone?
→ Not anymore. Some songs make me cry, but I don't not listen to them.

What’s the biggest annoyance in your life right now?
→ This @&$(!ing diet.

When will your next kiss be?
→ In the next hour.

Who last called you?
→ I didn't answer. It was from Massachusetts and no one from Mass. knows my phone number.

Have you ever kissed someone with braces?
→ Not in the past 40 years, except maybe my nieces or nephews, those that had them.

Where is/are your best friend(s)?
→ Beast is (still) across the room. Amy's in her new house in another state. Jenny is undoubtedly in her house in yet another state.

Random Questions
Have you ever made a drunken mistake and paid big time for it?
→ I have been very fortunate that all my drunken escapades left no marks, though I avoided speaking to a specific someone on campus after one of them. So embarrassing.

Are you usually the lover or the loved?
→ As a person who has dealt with a lot of children over time, I think by definition I'm more often the lover. Kids don't love back instantly. Nor should they.

Have you ever loved someone but never fully understood why?
→ More the obverse: I should like this person, why don't I? And I eventually figure it out.

Could you forgive a cheater?
→ Eventually, if there is remorse.

Is cheating worse when it means something?
→ Cheating does mean something. It may not mean the same thing to everyone, though.

Have you met that person that can get into your mind through a sentence?
→ Yep. More than once. I need to get  better grip.

Do you like to be in control in a relationship?
→ I'm generally emotionally dominant and physically submissive.

Are you chasing someone right row?
→ Hah! That is extraordinarily unlikely to happen

How old are you?
→ 19,093 days, officially, today.

Do you like City and Color?
→ I like cities and colors. ??

Who're you most like in One Tree Hill?
→ Whoever knows the least about what is going on, since I've never watched the show.

Have you heard of Jeffree Star?
→ Nope. Should I have?

What’s your most missed childhood memory?
→ I'd love to be able to jump rope all day again.

Do you hate any of your "friends"?
→ Some of them can be annoying, so I'm careful to give only so much time to the relationship before I detach.

Who do you think you've cried over the most?
→ Thirty years of marriage. What do you think?

Have you ever gone through an emo or goth phase?
→ Uh, no. I'm old. We didn't have these when I was in school.

What’s your relationship with your parents like?
→ As they are both dead, in some respects it's the best it ever was.

Does the person you love know how you feel and if not, are you ever going to tell them?
→ For the love of Pete, I . AM . MARRIED. He knows.

Do you believe that you regret the things you don’t do more?
→ Regret isn't something I spend a great deal of time on.

Random Questions
Have you gone out with someone and then ruined the friendship you had before?
→ I wouldn't say 'ruined.' I would call it 'changed.'

Do you think you'll be married by the time you’re 25?
→ Beast and I got married when we were 22.

Who did you last ride in the car with under the age of 18?
→ J. (newborn) and E. (3) a couple of months ago when I went to visit Katherine for the day.

Are you currently looking forward to tomorrow?
→ Meh. Sunday means one day closer to work.

Did you sleep alone last night?
→ Nope. Beast was in bed again, all rolled over to the very center of the bed on top of the blankets so I couldn't get under them.

You kissed someone yesterday, didn’t you?
→ Yup.

Have you hugged anyone in the last 72 hours?
→ Yup.

You can only drink one liquid for the rest of you life, so what is it?
→ Water.

Do you think you can last in a relationship for three months?
→ {{eyeroll}}

Have you ever liked someone you didn’t expect to?
→ Happens all the time. So does the opposite: disliking people I expected to like.

Did you hold hands with anyone today?
→ Yes actually.

Are you an alcoholic?
→ Oh, no, I am emphatically not that!!

Is it easy to pretend everything’s okay for you?
→ I fake my way through a lot of my days.

Do you hate when people try to play with your hair?
→ I actually would enjoy if someone was around who wanted to play with it. I do NOT like people to mess with it without an invitation.

In your opinion, which is more attractive, nice biceps or washboard abs?
→ YYYAAAWWWNNN

Are you talking to anyone right now?
→ Nope. Desultory conversation with Beast about the show.

What do you want?
→ A cookie. Or 12.

What's the last song you heard?
→ No clue.

Whose house did you go to last night?
→ I went to the "old hospital" for my meeting last night and home. That's all.

What do you wear more, jeans or sweatpants?
→ Jeans. Probably 4 out of 5 days of the week.

Are you crushing on anyone new?
→ Nope.

Who's your last text from?
→ I got an IM from Beast on my way home last night telling me he was going to sleep.

How do you feel about your current relationship status?
→ Yeah.

Are you currently trying to get over someone?
→ Not exactly.

Have you ever had sex with someone you knew less than an hour?
→ Uhm, no.

Are you happier single or in a relationship?
→ Honestly, I wouldn't know.

How many times a week do you shower?
→ At least 6.

What's your biggest worry in life right now?
→ Beast.

Do you like hot or cold showers?
→ This time of year, hot.

What're you craving right now?
→ Sugar.

What does your last sent text say?
→ Something about being on my way home.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.