Saturday, December 19, 2015

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer (1979)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) According to a marketing research firm, this song is both one of the most played and most hated songs of the season. Do you like it?
I adore this song. It reminds me of college and Wisconsin and the people who could be the people in the song.
2) In this song, Grandma's troubles start when she drinks too much eggnog. Do you like eggnog?
Yup. Haven't had any this year so far, but I will, I will.
3) In the song, Grandpa recovers from losing Grandma by drinking beer and playing cards with Cousin Mel. Will you be celebrating the holidays with cousins?
Uh, no. I have no idea where my cousins might be, or even if they're are still living. I will, however, be seeing my niece and her family, including her mom (my sister) and dad. But see, this description of grief is TOTES Sconnie....and da YooPee, of course!
4) When did you most recently drink a beer? Was it in a bottle, a can or a glass?
I loathe beer. I taste it to make sure about twice a decade. Yuck.
5) The lyrics refer to "pudding of fig." In "We Wish You a Merry Christmas," the carolers demand figgy pudding. Yet despite its popularity in holiday songs, Sam has never tasted fig pudding. Have you?
Hmm, no I think not. Just fig newtons.
6) Thinking of holiday sweets, would you prefer a gingerbread cookie or slice of pumpkin pie?
Honestly? Neither. Penuche, fudge, or sugar cookies for me, please.
7) This song was recorded by a duo named Elmo & Patsy. It occurs to Sam that she has never met anyone named Elmo. How about you? Any Elmos in your life?
No Elmos. My parents did have a friend named "Elmer," who was married to someone everyone called "Brownie" whose voice sounded like Snow White. She always called my dad by his diminutive which he NEVVVVERRRR used (i.e. "Billy," although that is not even close to his name).
8) Do you need snow to get "into the spirit?"
Nope.
9) Random question: Are you going to get/have you gotten a flu shot this year?
Got one about a month ago. I try to remember to do it every fall.

2 sweet-talkers :

The Gal Herself said...

Penuche? Had to google it. It looks promising.

Cat. said...

Haven't had it for years. My mom's was to die for. ...sigh

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.