Monday, December 21, 2015

Random Questions x2

(Found here)

Why do you feel the way you do right now?
I'm very tired. Short night, long day, and my first day at work in over a week. And the usual stress and lousy diet.

What's the most illegal thing you've ever done?
Probably speeding. I shoplifted some TicTacs once when I was a tweener. I'm not really much of a rule-breaker.

Did you give anyone their first kiss?
Only my son when he was just born.

Where's the farthest place you have traveled?
My longest/farthest one shot trip is probably the flights to and from Frankfort or Zurich. The furthest-from-home I've been is Beijing. And not just in mileage.

Are you more likely to under-eat or overeat?
Overeat, these days.

How close are you to your ideal height?
I'd like to have another inch or so of height, but as I'm shrinking now it doesn't look likely.

What or who do you love to hate?
I love to hate stupid politicians.

For what would you be famous?
I have no interest in being famous for anything at all. Blind anonymity is what I strive for.

Do you wear a watch?
No. Weirdly, I was thinking about the watches I own this morning, wondering if I should just get rid of them.

When was the last time you saw your biological father?
Alive: late October 1994. At the funeral home: approximately November 21, 1994.

Can you use chopsticks?
Kind of.

Do you believe in yourself?
I do. I also believe I need to have a backup plan. Thank God for Backup Plans.

Do you treat yourself well?
Probably a little TOO well, tbh.

Is there an adult you confide in, or if you're an adult, does a teen confide in you?
Yes. I teach middle school Sunday School, so yeah.

If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be?
I would love to have a couple of dogs.

What if you found out you had another sibling?
That would be ... weird ... to say the least. 

Do you have friends living in other countries?
Yes.

What's your ultimate comfort food?
Sugar. Well, really, carbs: I like bread too.

Would you rather live by yourself or with a randomly chosen roommate and why?
By myself. College roommates are about as random as it gets, and I got very lucky with mine. However, I lived in house with a bunch of coworkers one summer and that soured me on that situation after some petty theft and just general irritation with these (generally very nice) people.

Are you in therapy or have you ever been and should you be?
Yes, I have been and currently am. I think it's helping. We switched my Rx last month and I'm cautiously optimistic about that.

Are you a good dancer?
In my mind. :)

What's the most random word that comes to your head first?
"Mordor"--which is odd since I'm not a LotR fan.

What's "God's greatest gift to Earth", even if you're not a believer?
Either Jesus (when I'm feeling optimistic), or the discovery of the nuclear option (when I'm pessimistic: the sooner we kill ourselves, the better for the planet).

Should you ever have gone to the hospital but didn't or vice versa?
My trip to the hospital due to a kidney stone was a bust. By the time I got there, I actually felt OK, though the ride was completely awful.

Do any of your interests break gender stereotypes?
Yes. And some don't. I just like what I like.

Who do you miss the most?
Depends on the day. Right now, lately, it's been Mom.

What do you miss the most?
MY MOUNTAINS!!!!

What do you do when you're stressed or anxious?
Dither. I've developed a tendency to have anxiety attacks, which is extraordinarily unhelpful.

What's the last dream you remember having?
I woke up thinking about Sparky this morning, something about his apartment-that-looks-nothing-like-his-real-apartment.

About what are you most passionate?
Kids. Allowing them to grow up healthy and educated and curious without abuse, neglect, or lack of care.

What's your music library's most recently added song and first added song?
I don't really have a "music library" per se.

When did you last go to an amusement park?
It's probably been a decade. I'm not a big fan.

Who do you think is the best-looking person of the same gender?
Sandra Bullock. One of my coworkers, Pat, is an absolutely beautiful Woman of a Certain Age. Halle Berry. Sarah, one of the young women who was in our church youth group when I was an advisor, is probably one of the loveliest people I know: stunning long blond hair, beautiful smile, 5'11" tall, thin, athletic...and (when she was in high school) absolutely unaware of her effect on people.

On a first date, what would the person do to make you walk out?
Generally sexism, meanness, rudeness to others, self-centeredness.

What do strangers often think about you that is completely wrong?
That I'm quiet and boring. I've reached that Invisible Age women reach where most strangers don't even actually see me anyway.

Have you had a church confirmation, bar/bat mitzvah or something similar?
I was confirmed and baptized when I was 14. Dad didn't believe in baby baptism. I've also been ordained as an Elder in the Presbyterian church.

What's your ideal birthday cake?
White with lots of buttercream frosting. In fact, you could mostly skip the cake and give me the frosting.
Or pie, preferably cherry or some kind of berry.

If you became homeless, would you accept charity or turn to crime?
→  Charity. I'm not proud, but theft would be my last resort.

How're you in arguments?
I'm a mean fighter, though I'm getting better. I was raised to defend myself vigorously, and it's been hard unlearning that lesson.

Why do you hate your ex?
I don't even remember my ex(es)!

What're you listening to right now?
We DVR'd the Packers-Raiders game and are watching it sans commercials--it actually lasts just over an hour this way. The announcers for this game are definitely the B-team. "Brian Beluga"? Really??

Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
Hmmm, I don't remember. I think it was a telemarketer.

Do you wear make-up?
I don't think I've worn ANY makeup in at least 10 years, except maybe some lip color.

When’s your birthday?
Same as it's been for 52 years now.

Do you look your age?
Yes, ma'am, I do.

Does anybody hate you?
I'm sure I'm someone's least favorite person. Do I care? I'd hope they don't hate me, but mostly that's prudence speaking. People who hate increasingly seem to be armed.

What animal did you last pet or hold?
Pintobean the guinea pig.

Do you have trust issues?
More and more....

What’s your hardest class?
I'm done with school, but my hardest classes tended to be the ones I was least interested in. I did not like some of my Communication courses in college because JD was not my idea of a great prof, or because the whole concept of PR releases made (and makes) my skin crawl.

Do you have a best friend to lean on?
Yup.

Are you in a relationship?
Ayup.

Who's the last person you texted?
When I went to check I found a text from Gail about a meme I posted on Facebook earlier that she was trying to figure out. So I answered her. So that's my answer.

What color's your hair?
Mostly white, with some remaining brown highlighting it.

Do you hate the last person who called you?
Uh, no?

What were you doing at eight AM today?
Trying to wake up post-shower.

What will you be doing in three hours?
I'd better be asleep.

Did anyone tell you they’ll always love you and left?
Everyone leaves eventually. That's life (and death).

How often do you straighten your hair?
I don't, not really. Blowing it dry straightens it a little.

What're you currently looking forward to?
Beast's pain level dropping.

Have you dated the person you texted last?
A. She's married. B. I'm not bi or gay. C. To the best of my knowledge, neither is she. D. We go to church together.

Are you satisfied with your life as of now?
In general, yes, though there's always room for improvement. Hubris will knock you don't if you ever feel like you're getting it together too much.

Who was the last person you texted before you went to bed last night?
I found a text last night from a friend. She'd written in the morning. I haven't answered yet. Guess I should: she's asking if we are free to come visit on Christmas and I'm pretty sure that's a negatory due to Beast's surgery.

In the next six months, what're you looking forward to most?
Spring. Longer days of sunshine.

Have you ever gone out of your way to make someone happy?
I've tried. That's sort of what relationships are about, no? And parenting, for sure! Despite what the kids think....

Does it bother you when people respond with one word texts?
→ I fully expect that from anyone under 30.

Have you spoken to any of your exes today?
I haven't spoken to any exes in decades. Unless you count John M, whom I kissed once in college and with whom I've been talking lately because his middle son had a brain aneurysm a couple of weeks ago and remains hospitalized in rehab.

Are your parents divorced, still married or separated?
I guess still married.

Does anyone call you "babe"?
Not with any degree of seriousness, no. Yuck.

Could you cry right now?
If the situation required it, I suppose I could.

Do you like the color orange?
One of the school colors at my (and Beast's and Sparky's) college is orange. So, kind of, but it's not by any means a "favorite" color.

Does it take a lot to make you cry?
Not usually, no. I got sorta weepy during the sermon this morning.

If you were pregnant, who would you tell first?
If I were pregnant, I'd be having some serious in-depth conversations with God, since the factory has been demolished for two decades!

Do you believe that there’s good in everybody?
Yes. That doesn't mean we all manage to access it on a regular basis.

Have you ever stayed up at night waiting for someone to call or text you back?
Hell no! My time and sleep is worth far more than that!

Do you feel your life is at its best?
Sadly, no. I think the Great Downslide has commenced, or is commencing.

Have you ever let someone be your everything?
Just me, and God.

Do you bite your nails?
Yes, to my great shame, I do.

Whose hoodie did you wear last?
My own? I think it was the Saint Louis Arch hoodie I bought in October.

Are you a forgiving person?
I try to be. Generally, I'm ok at it, but sometimes I get caught up in my own drama too much.

Have you ever intentionally made someone jealous?
Sure. Isn't that one of the hats we try on in middle school? And it's not just about boys being jealous of girls, but also girls being jealous of each other.

Do you think that you’re good enough for the one you love?
No, I know I'm far from ideal in several ways.

What do you usually do right when you wake up?
Consider whether I can snooze.

Is it easy for others to make you feel awkward?
I do that just fine all by myself.

It's midnight and you’re crying, so who do you call?
I haven't called anyone at midnight simply because I'm sad EVER! I called Cinday and Mando last February at 2 a.m. because my house was flooding and I'm sure I was crying at the time.

Have you ever been called heartless?
I'm a parent. Of course I have! Is it true? Not really. Sometimes I talk a good game of not caring, but in reality I do care a great deal.

Do you love someone older than you?
I have family that's older than me, so yeah.

Is there anyone you cannot go a day without talking to?
It would be weird to not speak in some way with Beast every day--phone, IM, text, Facebook.

Did you speak to your father today?
Nope. Just the capital F guy.

Have you ever fallen asleep in someone's arms?
I fell into a doze more than sleep. It's not really that comfortable.

Can you honestly say you’re okay right now?
Fercryin'outloud, YES! Stop asking.

Do you like winter?
Not really.

Has your heart ever truly ached for somebody?
All the time, sweetie, all the time.

Where’s your cell phone?
Right here on the couch next to me.

Would you curse in front of your parents?
No. Hell no. OMG--no no no. I couldn't even OMG or "Oh God!" around them. "Jeez" was right out. Language was very weird in my childhood home.

Is any part of your body sore?
My eyes are tired and scratchy.

Are you watching TV and if so, what’s on?
Game's over, so we've moved to Barnwood Builders. Not my choice.

Are you hungry for anything?
I can almost always eat.

What's the last thing you drank?
Diet Dr. Pepper.

What time is it?
8:23 p.m.

Are you waiting for someone to come online right now?
No. If I wanted to talk to someone online, I'd probably PM them on Facebook, or just deal with not talking to them. I'm old. I can wait.

What's the last movie you watched?
Something something. I have some stupid kind of movie amnesia.

What grade are you in this year?
Like 43rd? Maybe that makes me a Super-Senior?

Are you old enough to vote?
I am and I do.

Have you ever had to clean a cat box before?
No, and since I'm pretty sure the dander would kill me, I won't be volunteering anytime soon.

Do you have any pets?
Just the one guinea pig.

Who or what do you miss right now?
I believe we covered this somewhere up there.

Do you have any vacations planned for anytime soon?
I have asked for part of March off from work, but don't have a plan as yet.

Do you think skunks are cute?
They are cute, but omg they are not good to keep around! Our dog got skunked twice in a week when she was a pup (20+ years ago) and it was absolutely awful.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.