Saturday, October 24, 2015

expand

(Found here)

A

• Are you available? Nope. In no way at all, unless you're a friend.
• What is your age? Just after my next birthday I'll have achieved 19,000 days of life.
• What annoys you? Intentional stupidity or obtuseness. Selfishness. Screeching. Whining. Badly-tuned instruments.

B

• Do you know anyone named Billy? I have precisely one Bill in my Facebook friends list and there's no fucking way I'd ever call him Billy, even as a joke. Sparky went to school with a kid who went by Billy when they were in elementary school. Otherwise...no, I can't think of anyone named Billy.
• When is your birthday? It is less than three weeks away. Have you started shopping for me??
• Who is your best friend? Beast, Amy, Jenny...

C

• What's your favorite candy? Yes. ... I mean, this time of year, I'm not going to be fussy! I've been ODing on Milk Duds this week. But for long-term reliability, it's always Smarties. American version, not British.
• Crush? LL Cool J. He's really the only reason to watch NCIS:LA. The plots are invariably ridiculous. And of course Mark Harmon. Yes, the NCIS plots are also developing some serious issues, but he is just perfect every week.
• When was the last time you cried? Today. I sat down and turned on the TV and found it was tuned to a movie channel on which was showing "The Fault In Our Stars." I've read the book, so I recognized it immediately. And then one of the actors was familiar from Outlander...aaaand I was hooked and had to watch to the end, weeping all the way. I'm not giving away anything here to say that you'll need a box of Kleenex to get through it. The movie OR the book. But so good!

D

• Do you daydream? Not as such. I've tried to, for years decades, really. Nope, no daydreaming.
• What's your favorite kind of dog? I prefer mutts. Pound puppies.
• What day of the week is it? There's a college football game on and it's October, so it must be Saturday.

E

• How do you like your eggs? In an omelet, or over easy with several slices of buttered wheat toast.
• Have you ever been in the emergency room? All too often, for all too many hours of my life. Both as a patient and (way more often) with other people, specifically Beast in most cases.
• Name of best ex? My memory doesn't go back that far, but if they were "best" he couldn't've been that great, right, since he is an EX.

F

• Do you use fly swatters? I never see the point of them. Magazines and other stuff works just as well, Besides, I'm not sure we even have any anymore. And I rarely kill flies anyway.
• Have you ever used a foghorn? Hmmm. I'm...not sure. I don't think so. I don't even think my brother has ever let me honk the big horn on any of his firetrucks!
• Is there a fan in your room? There are two (ceiling and small personal-sized) in this room. All of the bedrooms have one. The office does too, because it's right over the furnace AND on the south side of the house, so it gets quite warm in there.

G

• Do you chew gum? Yes. Every day.
• Do you like gummy candies? I love sourpatch kids. They're Beast's go-to stocking-stuffer every Christmas.
• Do you like gory movies? I do not. At all. Which is weird since gory books don't bother me that much.

H

• How are you? Meh. Tired. Sweaty. But the laundry is FINALLY done, a full 10 hours after starting it. There was a 4-hour interruption while Beast went and bought and then installed (with some assistance from me in place of his injured/painful left shoulder) a new injector pump so I didn't flood the basement while trying to wash clothes.
• What's your height? 1.71 m or so.
• What color is your hair? Brown and, increasingly, gray.

I

• Have you ever ice skated? I've tried. Hated it. Don't like roller-skating either. I do not enjoy dropping my 1.71 m on the ground at speed. It sucks enough when I'm just using my own motion/power.
• What's your favorite kind of ice cream? In general, vanilla with toppings. I really look forward to the occasional birthday cake or peppermint treat though.

J

• Have you ever heard a really hilarious joke? Previous person's answer: "why is this even a question?" My answer: No.
• Do you wear jewelry? I've always got my wedding & engagement rings on. Often at least one more ring. Usually earrings. Sometimes a necklace.

K

• Do you think kangaroos are cute? I do. But then again I've never pissed one off. I'm pretty sure even a small one could easily kick my ass.
• Do you think you are a kind person? I've been told I am. It's hard to believe, I suppose, if you only know me from the blog.

L

• Love at first sight? I believe it's real to people who experience it. My sister Ellen absolutely did. Good friends insist it happens. Me? Not likely.
• Lions or tigers? Bears. ... Actually, no, bears scare the living shit out of me, specifically grizzlies, but even black ones. So, lions. At great distance preferably.
• Do you like black licorice? Not very much. I discovered that the black jelly beans weren't all that horrible in this years Easter batch.
• Ever been in love? Yup.

M

• Favorite movie as a kid? I loved "Paint Your Wagon" because the end made me absolutely laugh myself into hysteria when I saw it at the theater. [Yes, I'm so old, my favorite movie from childhood isn't a kids' movie.]
• Ever shopped at Moosejaw? Which is here. And I'd never heard of it, but I may have to look around at their stuff; some of their jackets look wonderfully warm.
• Favorite store at the mall? Bath & Body Works. Or VS. There aren't many stores I actually shop in anymore. And the last time I was in a mall I was in the children's playground with my great-nephew, E, and in JCPenney's while his mom, Katherine, made an exchange. E and I looked at all the pretty men's ties. He liked the purple ones.

N

• Do you have a nickname? Do you think my actual, given, name is Cat.? Hah. One of the letters in that is in my real first name.
• What's your favorite number? If I think about it, 3. If I'm just popping out a 'random' number, it's usually 16.
• Do you prefer night or day? Depends on the activity in which I'm engaged. I'm having more difficulty with night-time driving as the years pass, for instance. Generally, I'm a sun-lover, but the night sky can be lovely.

O

• What's your one wish? I want to live and die well.
• Are you an only child? Not...exactly. My nearest sibling is 10 years older than me, though so I really had my parents to myself for about half my childhood.
• Do you like the color orange? It's not my favorite, but I certainly own an awful lot of it, since it's one of the main colors for my college alma mater (and Sparky's more recently). I work with someone who A-D-O-R-E-S it.

P

• What are you most paranoid about? Less and less. Besides, I'm not sure I'd call any of my own fears "paranoia," would I? I guess the worst think I can imagine would be The Wrong Person finding out about my blogs.
• Piercings? One in each earlobe.
• Do you know anyone named Penelope? I used to work with someone named Penny, and I had a friend when I was a wee tot whose name was Penny. I don't think I know any Penelopes currently--and by the way, I still pronounce that "PEN-uh-lope" when I see it.

Q

• Are you quick to judge people? Sometimes. Not usually, though.
• Do you like Quaker Oats? I like them in cookies.
• Quilts? I love them. I do not have the patience to make them, but my grandmothers did, and I've inherited a couple of those.

R

• Do you think you're always right? Of course, the 'correct' answer here is "NO! Of course not!" But when it comes right down to it, I think we all think we're mostly right, or we'd be frozen in permanent indecision.
• Do you watch reality TV? Not the kind where there's competition. We watch Deadliest Catch and American Pickers and Pawn Stars and shows like that fairly regularly.
• Reason to cry? Amateurs need reasons; I can cry anytime, anywhere, for no reason at all. Come to think of it, that might just be my superpower.

S

• Do you prefer sun or rain? Sun. I don't mind an occasional brief rainstorm, but I really loathe endless stretches of cloudy drippiness. Yuck.
• Do you like snow? In theory, yes. It is lovely. It's also, often, inconvenient and HEAVY.
• What's your favorite season? Autumn.

T

• What time is it? 9 p.m. straight up.
• What time did you wake up? It was after 9 this morning.
• Any tattoos? Nope.

U

• Can you ride a unicycle? No I can't. My niece, Rosellen, can...though perhaps not right now seeing as she's pregnant with twins.
• Umbrellas? I rarely use them, preferring the scamper to the car/building cursing at the weather instead.

V

• What's the worst vegetable? I'm still not a fan of Brussels sprouts.
• Did you ever watch Veggie Tales? I've watched about 3 episodes, or parts of about that many. I find them abhorrent in the extreme.

W/X

• Do you like water rides? I used to love them. Now they're kind of a pain.
• Have you ever had an x-ray? "Have I ever been to the dentist?" Yes.
• Ever used a Xerox machine? Yes. An actual Xerox. Back in the day. Now, I mostly use printers, or Uncle Ricoh at work.

Y

• What year were you born in? Either the last year of the Baby Boomers or the first year of the next crew. Depends on who you ask.
• Do you yell when you're angry? Unfortunately, yes, my voice does get a little louder when I get upset.

Z

• What's your zodiac sign? I'm all Scorp, all the time.
• When was the last time you went to the zoo? It's probably been about 8 years.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.