Thursday, October 22, 2015

all you've got to do is decide to go...

(Stolen wholesale from Amy)

How big is your TV?
How are they measured these days? On the diagonal it's probably 36" or so. That's the main, upstairs one. Downstairs, we have a smaller one, maybe 30" diagonal, or possibly 34".
What is your most essential appliance?
HVAC as a whole. In the winter life would be pretty difficult without heat around here. In the summer, without A/C, I'd be pretty freakin' miserable.
Who was the last person to knock/ring at your door?
Actually, some neighbors-slash-friends-from-church stopped by at about 7 last night with stuff I'd ordered from Ryan's music fundraiser. Ryan was part of the group, holding a dripping bag of ice on his thumb: "I hurt it playing gaga tonight." Apparently he jammed it into someone else's both in the midst of a scrum. Got a text from his mom this afternoon: "Fractured."
(It occurs to me that we got a box delivered this afternoon and the guy rang the bell when he dropped it...but the other story is better)
What's your favourite smell/scent?
I love clean, not flowery or super-musky smells. And bread baking. And pine trees....forests of pine. And that faint scent of sage and dust that reminds me of Colorado in the summer.
Which foreign language did you have to learn at school? and do you still remember enough to hold a conversation in that language?
I took the equivalent of 10 years of Spanish from age 13 on, eventually getting a minor in it in college. I could hold a very very basic conversation in it, but I did most of my studies on paper, without a lot of conversation, so I read it (and hear it) much better than I speak it. I can also read a lot of French, Italian and Latin, some German, and some Russian and Greek.
Are you a good aim with a rubber band?
No I'm not. I'm too worried about "putting someone's eye out" by accident. Also, they HURT when they hit! Beast and his coworkers used to have wars at his first job post-college, and he often came home with welts. Sorry, this is fun?
If you were exiled what country would you choose as your new home?
Australia. Or perhaps New Zealand. I get the language, mostly wouldn't find their laws too much different from here, and the climate is more temperate than where I am now. Plus kangaroos (Aust) or mountains and sheep (NZ)! 'Course this means I've eliminated Scotland, which kind of sucks, but I assure you it's SOLELY because of the weather.

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I will harvest these for a future Sunday Stealing. ;-) I love the rubber band question.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.