Saturday, May 30, 2015

there is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish

(Swiped from Amy along with the title)

Are you a good public speaker?
If I know what I'm talking about and do some practicing, I do ok, yes.
Are you a good babysitter?
Yup. Years and years of practice.
Are you a good mechanic?
No. And I'm not at all interested in it so that's fine.
Are you a good diplomat?
Improving. It's not a skill valued in my family of origin.
Are you a good employee?
Mostly, yes. Even if my current boss doesn't always seem to think so.
Have you ever had a secret admirer?
It was a Very Big Secret.
If you could ask your future self one question what would it be?
"How are the grandkids?"
Do you hold grudges?
I have a very long memory, and have one VERY huge grudge, but it's also the big exception. Not too many other grudges, just a long memory.
If you could breed two animals together to defy the laws of nature what new animal would you create?
No, thanks.
Do you decorate the outside of your house for Christmas?
We used to buy pine roping to drape artistically....but not anymore. I am not big into outside decorating.
Do you like clowns?
I don't mind them. The funny ones are usually funny to me. My son hates them. I don't get it.
Have you ever been surfing?
Since I can't swim, I'm pretty sure this would end badly.
Have you ever been snowboarding?
And the falling down thing isn't something I enjoy either.
Who was better, the Beatles or Elvis Presley?
Better at what? They were all at the absolute top of their fields.
What's your favourite type of foreign food?
I love Greek and Italian food. And Mexican.
Do you prefer vertical or horizontal stripes?
Horizontal, though it's not something I've really thought about before. I think I just think of vertical stripes as being very lengthening which reminds me of cathedrals and spider webs in high corners.
Have you ever baked your own bread?
I love doing this, but I can't knead well anymore because of my wrists. And it's a big time commitment. Maybe I'll ask for a bread machine for birthday/Christmas.
Can you believe I Can't Believe It's Not Butter is in fact not actually butter?
I believe everything the marketing industry tells me.
Can you name all 50 American states?
I can. I usually start in the West, so this time I'll change up and start in Florida. Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California, Hawaii, Alaska. Yes?
Have you ever owned a goldfish?
No thanks.
Do you give money to buskers?
I usually don't have money to give them.

2 sweet-talkers :

amy said...

There are buskers in Kansas, too!

Cat. said...

What? Yes? ...confused

By the way, I *have* the money, but I don't usually *carry* money, yknow....

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.