Saturday, April 25, 2015

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Hawaii Five-O (1969)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This is the theme from the TV show that originally ran from 1968 to 1980 and is on now again with a new cast. Were you/are you a fan?
I remember watching it with my brother back in the day. I watched a lot of season 1 of the new series, but it was a little too...I don't know...it just didn't grab me. Though they are some nice-looking guys.
2) On both shows, Five-O is an elite police task force led by Det. Lt. Steve McGarrett. Who is your favorite TV cop?
Olivia Benson.
3) On both shows, the part of Danny "Danno" Williams was played by a second generation performer. (James MacArthur was the son of Broadway legend Helen Hayes; Scott Caan is the son of movie actor James Caan.) If you followed one of your parents into their chosen profession, what would you be doing?
My dad was in construction, and my mom worked at a clerk in the county court office. I'm more of my mom than my dad.
4) Both shows are filmed in Hawaii, the boyhood home of President Obama. Have any of our 44 Presidents hailed from your state?
I don't think we've had a native Coloradoan become President. The state I'm in now has produced at least one.
5) Kona coffee is made from beans cultivated on the Big Island of Hawaii. Are you a big coffee drinker?
I don't drink coffee.
6) This week's song was written by the late Morton Stevens. In addition to composing for TV shows, he was the musical director for a group of entertainers known in the 60s as "The Rat Pack." Can you name any "Rat Pack" members?
Dean Martin, Sammy Davis, Jr., Frank Sinatra, Joey whathisname....and some others.
7) This week's featured band, The Ventures, began when Don Wilson purchased a used car from Bob Bogle. During negotiations, they discovered a shared passion for playing guitar. Did you buy your current ride new or used? Did the negotiations go smoothly?
We "bought" the car I currently drive now when Beast was allowed to re-up for a new company car and I kept his previous company car. No negotiations.
8) The year this song was popular, 1969, is when Donald and Doris Fisher opened a San Francisco clothing store called The Gap. Today there are more than 3,200 Gap locations. Do you shop at The Gap or gap.com?
Nope. There isn't one very close, and their clothes are too pricey for me.
9) Random question: What's on your Saturday to-do list?
I worked 9-2 and have been home since. I should go to the grocery store, but I'm tired, and unmotivated.

5 sweet-talkers :

I am Harriet said...

This is a tired and unmotivated day for me. Rain all day long.....

Helena said...

I'll join the gang and say that I'm a non-Gap'er, too! Hope Sunday is a bit less exhausting! ♥

Jodi said...

Gap is too pricey for me as well!

Kwizgiver said...

I almost picked Olivia Benson, too, but went with another L&O detective.

Smellyann said...

I'm unmotivated today, too. I have a stack of dishes waiting for me to wash, but it doesn't look promising for them getting washed tonight.

Love Olivia Benson!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.