Saturday, January 24, 2015

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
The Best Thing About Me Is You (2010)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) What would you say is your best quality?
Well, normally I would say something like 'focus' or 'attention to detail.' Lately, however, I'd go with "Trying Very Hard to Keep Up."
2) In this song, Ricky sings that he's "allergic to tragedy." Do you suffer from any allergies?
I'm allergic to a ton of things. Nothing that will kill me on contact, thank God, but being around cats, dogs, corn pollen, dust, mold, morphine, June grass, and random other stuff. Essentially, in August I'm allergic to everything.
3) Benadryl, the popular allergy medication, is sometimes used to treat insomnia. What do you do when you can't sleep?
I take melatonin every night at dinnertime. That helps. I also use Tylenol PM whenever necessary. Benadryl alone doesn't have much effect on me after so many years of taking it for allergies. On the occasions when I wake up in the night, I read, do a crossword, or get up and try sleeping in the spare room or on the sofa in the living room.
4) The lyrics to this week's song encourage us, "Don't wait until mañana." Are you a procrastinator?
I am very much a procrastinator. Sigh....
5) Ricky Martin is a judge on The Voice ... Mexico, aired on Mexican television. When you watch competition shows like The Voice, Dancing with the Stars or American Idol, do you usually agree with the judges? Or do you think you could do a better job?
I don't want any of these shows. They generally piss me off. especially when it comes to the judging.
6) Ricky tells interviewers that when he was very young, he'd sing in the family kitchen, pretending a wooden spoon was his microphone. Crazy Sam admits to lip synching into a black Magic Marker. When you gave imaginary concerts, what did you use as a microphone?
I don't think I ever needed a mic. I was usually 'starring' in musicals.
7) Ricky began working at the tender age of 9, performing in commercials. How old were you when you received your first paycheck?
First paycheck was about February of 1980. I was just over 16.
8) Ricky does yoga to stay in shape. Have you ever tried yoga?
I have tried modified yoga. I would love to do it for real, but there just isn't anywhere local that fits my schedule.
9) Ricky is of primarily Spanish descent, with a little French mixed in. When you think of French cuisine, what comes to mind?
Frogs' legs. Sauces. Snootiness. I'm not interested in it, really. I prefer Spanish and Mediterranean food in general. ;-)

4 sweet-talkers :

The Gal Herself said...

I'm allergic to morphine, too. When I was in the hospital in 2011, I had to wear a special bracelet that let everyone know when I couldn't speak for myself.

CountryDew said...

Dang, I'm allergic to morphine as well. I didn't realize it was common.

Cat. said...

Yeah, the morphine thing is on all my doctors' medical charts. I'm not taking any chances, even at the eye dr.!

We should start a club, the Yellow Bracelet in the Hospital club....

Kwizgiver said...

I don't think there's anywhere for yoga around here.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.