Friday, January 16, 2015

Friday 5

(Link in meme-roll)
Home Is Where the Hearth Is
  1. What is your approach to dealing with (or preventing) clutter?
  2. Well in theory, I try to get rid of it ASAP. I do fairly well in my closet with that stuff, but paper just seeps to accrete every-damned-where. I need to go through some stuff in the basement that has piled up. And in storage. BUT, we took the Xmas tree down today and in the process unloaded a box of ornaments we haven't used in years.
  3. What kinds of (tangible) things do you seem to have an unreasonable time letting go of?
  4. I'm not particularly good about written things: letters, notes, books signed by people I like, that sort of thing. I totally suck about furniture with family history. We have a LOT of hand-me-down furniture, some of which my dad built.
  5. If you could start completely over with your existing living space (and money were only a slight limitation), how would you make it more suited to you and your lifestyle?
  6. I just a couple of hours ago said something that I've said often in the past 11 or so years: I love this house! About the only change I'd make is to get better kitchen cabinets and countertops. However, the fact that it's two stories is becoming more and more of an issue. And its location isn't my favorite place, though we have excellent neighbors.
  7. How many standalone small kitchen appliances do you own, and how many do you use regularly?
  8. Let's see: two coffee-making devices, two crockpots (one is being saved for Sparky when he moves out), a blender, an electric frying pan, a mixer, a can opener, and a toaster-oven. I think that's all. I almost never use the blender, but there are a couple of things I can't cook without it, so it hangs on even after 28 years.
  9. What does your current living space really need more of?
  10. Shelves. We don't have enough bookshelves, and we never really seem to have much wall space for artwork or pictures.

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I estimated my kitchen appliance number--but I have every known gadget.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.