Sunday, January 11, 2015

Friday 5 x 3

(Link in meme-roll)
Big Latin
  1. Ad infinitum is Latin for “to forever.” What’s something in your life that continues ad infinitum?
  2. Missing family members who are no longer available to call and chat with and hug.
  3. What’s something (mostly) only fellow alumni know about one of your alma maters?
  4. Five years ago I would have mentioned "schlags" but apparently those aren't done anymore. So I guess I'll just have to go with all the haunted buildings on campus. Or, oh hey, Convocations!
  5. In what way did you carpe diem today (or yesterday, if you’re doing this early)?
  6. I bailed on Sunday School and worked an extra couple of hours so I can leave early on Wednesday and go shopping on my way to pick up Sparky from the airport later this week.
  7. In flagrante delicto means “in a blazing wrong” or “while the crime is blazing.” What’s something you remember being caught red-handed perpetrating?
  8. I can't think of anything much. I was a pretty well-behaved kid, as well as a very good liar. Oh! There was the 2-week long lie about swimming lessons when I was about 11.....
  9. What is so far your magnum opus (great work; masterpiece)?
  10. Can I call that Sparky?

Beside Ourselves
  1. Besides cookies, muffins, and ice cream, what’s something chocolate chips are good in?
  2. I have been known to eat them right out of the bag. Also, the mini ones are good in cake and pancakes.
  3. Besides official holidays and your birthday, what’s the best day of the year?
  4. I like July and August a lot, so one of those 62 days.
  5. Besides toilet paper and pantry items, what’s something in your house you make sure never to run out of?
  6. It's never a good thing for us to run out of cheese or bread.
  7. Besides relatives, teachers, and coaches, who gave you the most memorable advice growing up?
  8. Can I say siblings? They are all way older than me and always have plenty of advice. And other people's parents were helpful at times too.
  9. Besides junk mail, subscriptions, greeting cards, and stuff you ordered online, what’s something great that came in the mail recently?
  10. I still subscribe to several magazines, so let's count those.

Song Stuff
  1. What’s a song that reminds you of your parents?
  2. The Depression, and people who have lived in Colorado their whole lives: they have a certain drawl that sounds like my folks. My dad: puns. Oh how he loved puns. ;-)
  3. What’s a song that makes you think of food?
  4. "Bringing in the Sheaves" reminds me of Thanksgiving.
  5. What’s a memorable song from a movie soundtrack?
  6. I grew up memorizing musicals of the 50s through the mid-70s. So, hmm, there are a lot from which to choose. I can't pick one, and I can't pick anything from a straight movie either. Sorry.
  7. What was your favorite song from 2014?
  8. Either "Happy" or "Bang Bang." I still haven't heard "Let It Go" all the way through. Can you tell there are no young girls in my household?
  9. What are your favorite songs for when you’re behind the wheel?
  10. I love John Mellencamp and Bruce Springsteen, or TobyMac, or Melissa Etheridge. Loud. For road trips. Or a good book on CD.

2 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I'll have to try listening to books in the car... my mind wanders so much when I'm driving, that's why I haven't tried books in the car before.

onebadscrivener said...

Ah, Springsteen and Mellencamp. A woman after my own heart. <3

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.