Saturday, November 22, 2014

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
The Main Event (1979)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This is the theme from a romantic comedy set against the backdrop of boxing. Sam admits she's not crazy about boxing. What about you? Do you enjoy boxing, martial arts or wrestling?
I can't stand boxing, MMA, or popular wrestling. I like sport wrestling though.
2) If you went to a dance club on a Saturday night in 1979 or 1980, you might well have danced to this. What are your plans for this Saturday night?
Well, we just watched a two-week-old NCIS and I think Beast is going to bed fairly shortly. I will be up for awhile yet, maybe working on a mid-season episode of Season 2 of The Bridge. Right now we've got the coverage on for the Big City Holiday Parade, though I have no idea why since we NEVER EVER watch this. Big fun.
3) Gilda Radner was one of the original Saturday Night Live performers and in 1979, she parlayed her TV popularity into her own one-woman show on Broadway. Who is your alltime favorite SNL cast member?
I loved Gilda. I liked Dennis Miller a lot when he was doing Weekend Update. Bill Hader was good--Stefon is one of my very favorite characters. Amy and Tina, of course, because they didn't do degrading stuff. Kristen Wiig. Eddie Murphy, Chevy Chase....so many good ones.
4) Sally Little and Nancy Lopez were at the top of the LPGA in 1979. Do you golf?
Only putt-putt. I've played one round of golf, with the patience of Beast on a VERY quiet day at a local course. I don't really get the attraction, but it was a nice walk.
5) The movie The Main Event co-starred Ryan O'Neal. He is better known for Love Story, and saying the line, "Love means never having to say you're sorry." When did you last apologize?
I can't tell you how much I HATE that line!! I apologized today at some point, I'm sure, at work, though I can't think what it was for.
6) O'Neal got his big break on the nighttime soap opera, Peyton Place. He played Rodney Harrington, the handsome golden boy that all the girls dreamed of dating. Tell us about your big high school crush.
I had a lot of crushes in school. The main one, I've been good friends with since school, including his lengthy stint in hospital and rehab after a devastating motorcycle accident when we were 19. He's still a good guy, but not as crushable, especially at 50. ;-)
7) In researching this week's Saturday 9, Sam discovered that The Main Event is a popular name for sports bars all across the country. Do you enjoy sitting at the bar or do you look for a booth or table?
Depends. If I'm alone, I'd rather sit at the bar, all things being equal.
8) The Mane Event was the salon Sam went to for years. She switched when it got too hard to get Saturday appointments. As a consumer, what's more important to you -- convenience or price?
Depends. Probably lean more towards convenience.
9) More than 50 years after her first million-selling album, Streisand recently had a #1 hit with her current CD, Partners. What's the last song you bought/downloaded?
I got the latest U2 album for my birthday last week. I haven't bought music for a long time though.

2 sweet-talkers :

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

"Working on an episode" We all do it. It's as though the show owns us!

Kwizgiver said...

Love your answer for the crush.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.