Saturday, October 4, 2014

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Saturday Six

1. Who was your favorite teacher from elementary through high school and why?
I had so many good teachers. I loved Mrs. Morl#y (6th grade) and even Mr. Carls0n (grade school gym). In junior high, Mr. Shup# (band) and Mr G!lchrist and Mrs. Sch#llnut and Ms. Arr@j. In high school, Ms. Ph!lippi, Dr. Ger@rdi, Ms. F!tzgerald, Mrs. Grub#nhoff, Mr. Gr@ebner, and Mr. R0nco. Isn't it awesome that I can remember so many of them so many years later. Even better, I'm Facebook friends with three of the people on that list.
2. Overall, did you tend to get along well with teachers, not get along, or somewhere in the middle?
I was regularly the teacher's pet. Not really on purpose, but I was a good student and quiet, and followed directions and tried hard to be good.
3. Think of the various subjects you studied and the teachers who taught those subjects: overall, which subject (or department) do you think had the most teachers who knew their subject matter well enough to teach it effectively?
I can literally count on my fingers the teachers who were useless, and one was a sub so that doesn't count. Mrs. R@madan (Reading) was awful, Ms. H#itman (Math) didn't inspire confidence. Mrs. G@bbert (English) was trying hard to make friends with her students which failed. And a few others whose names I don't actually remember.
4. Which subject or department had the fewest teachers who you felt knew the subject matter well enough to teach it effectively?
My music teachers were good, REALLY good, all the way through. Then I got to college and realized just how good they were when I had to deal with the concert band instructor there. Ugh.
5. How many teachers have you kept in touch with since you graduated from high school?
Oops, well....see above re Facebook. I'm also in touch with several college profs. It's quite something getting to know them as people.
6. How many teachers have you not kept in touch with but would like to speak to again?
I'd love to know how Miss F!tz is doing, and Miss Arr@j (who got married while I was in high school, but I don't remember her married name), and Ms. Ph!lippi, Mrs. Morl#y and Mr Shup# would be great to catch up with as well.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.