Saturday, October 4, 2014

Friday 5

(Link in meme-roll)
Rebel Rebel
  1. In what ways have you rebelled against your upbringing?
    Well, I don't live in my (and my parents') home state, I vote a different political party, and I don't save every plastic bag/container I've ever seen.
  2. In what ways have you rebelled against your schooling?
    I'm not sure I have. Hmmm....that's disconcerting. I did have a bio prof in college who told us that animals don't feel pain; I called BS then and he's since been proven wrong.
  3. In what ways have you rebelled against American culture?
    I don't like baseball. Or Disney.
  4. Is it possible to rebel against yourself?
    In the sense of doing things I know are wrong or bad for me, I do it far too often.
  5. What’s your favorite song about rebellion?
    I'm lately a fan of Woody Guthrie's "Do Re Mi" and one I've loved forever is "If I Had a Hammer." I like "Biko" by Peter Gabriel a lot too. Marvin Gaye's "Mercy Mercy Me" is classic, and Pink's "Dear Mr. President" is wonderful. Virtually every song on Steve Earle's "Revolution" album is bitterly rebellious and a slap in the face.

    Is it obvious that I love protest music? I took a whole class on it in college, so this list is just taste of what I listen to when I'm crabby.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.