Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
Ask Away!

1. What is your zodiac sign?
I'm full-on Scorpio. Look out.
2. What is your favorite color?
Blue.
3. What’s your lucky number?
I don't really think I have lucky numbers. I do like the numbers 3 and 16 though, even if I have no idea where the 16 came from.
4. What talents do you have?
I'm very good at taking tests. I'm good at seeing details other people miss. I'm good at cutting through the bullshit. I'm pretty good at multitasking. But my best talent is probably napping. Or eating. Close to a tie there.
5. Are you psychic in any way?
Not really. Beast and I have a tendency to be on the same mental pathway, so we often know what the other person is about to say. For instance, Beast had a meeting after church today. I texted him once during it asking him to let me know when he left. A while later, I'd just picked up the phone to ask him if he was almost done....and his "I'm out" text came through. Happens all the time. Does that make me (us) psychic? I don't know.
6. Favorite song?
"A Mighty Fortress Is Our God." I wish we sang it more often at church.
7. How many pillows do you sleep with?
I sleep with just one, but I have an extra for sitting up to read. However, we have a bed that bends, so my head is elevated a bit when I sleep too.
8. What position do you usually sleep in?
Side, loose fetal position.
9. Have you ever tried archery?
Yes, in gym class in high school. I'd do it again, but I don't want to buy all the equipment and find I'm not interested after all.
10. What’s the longest you’ve ever gone without sleep?
Probably close to 40 hours straight, in college. There've been a lot of weeks of less than 20 hours of sleep (total) too. Ah, motherhood....and life in general.
11. Do you have any scars?
Yes. Many are not visible to the naked eye.
12. Have you ever had a secret admirer?
If so, they were extremely good at the "secret" part of that.
13. Can you do any other accents other than your own?
Of course. I read to Sparky when he was little and often used accents--the Harry Potter books nearly did me in though.
14. Are you a good judge of character?
I think so, yes. I'm much better than I used to be at listening to my gut.
15. Can you curl your tongue?
Nope. None of that in my gene pool. Beast can, and so can Sparky.
16. Are you a clean or messy person?
I would say I'm a generally untidy person with OCD cleaning tendencies. I do NOT like dirt, and I'm not a fan of massive disorder, but messy is ok. This actually reminds me I need to clear my desk at work and sort out all the crap on it.
17. How long does it take for you to get ready?
For what? :-) To leave for the day? From asleep to dressed and out could be 10 minutes to 25 depending on whether I shower and/or wash my hair. To sleep? That's actually closer to half an hour. Don't ask me why.
18. Do you have much of an ego?
I would say my ego is perfectly healthy, thanks.
19. Do you talk to yourself?
The question is whether I listen to myself!
20. Do you sing to yourself?
Oh, hell to the yeah! Always.
21. Can you name all 50 states of America?
Yes. Can I do it right now? Yes.*
22. Have you ever been scuba diving?
I can't swim, so... no.
23. What makes you nervous?
Not being in control of a situation.
24. Do you correct people when they make mistakes?
Sometimes. I'm learning to let a lot of things go.
25. Are you ticklish?
Yes.
26. Have you ever been in a position of authority?
"Mom, can I...?" Uh, yeah. I'm also head of a department at work, so I get to boss people around...although for the most part I don't have to because I'm blessed with a really solid staff.
27. How many piercings do you have?
Just two.
28. Can you roll your Rs?
Yup: "Rrrrruffles have rrrrridges" and my brother's Spanish tips when I was a wee tot helped. I just assumed everyone could do this until I was taking Spanish myself and realized half the class couldn't. Kind of a handicap in Spanish.
29. How fast can you type?
I haven't done a test in awhile, but I used to be about 60 wpm.
30. What are you allergic to?
Corn pollen, some grasses, cats, dust, mold, dogs, and probably the rest of the natural world.
31. Do you keep a journal?
Just this one. I haven't written a proper blog entry in months.
32. Do you like your age?
It's a nice round number this year. I'm not thrilled to be on the "countdown" side of life, but at least I'm still alive.
33. What makes you angry?
Unfairness. Meanness. Hypocrisy. Intentional stupidity.
34. Were your ancestors royalty?
My dad always said we were probably descended from "murderers and horse thieves" on his side, and Mom never claimed much beyond farmers on hers. So yeah, no.

_______
*Hawaii, Alaska, California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, [District of Columbia], Maryland, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine.

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

Nice that you've got good staff right now.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.