Saturday, September 13, 2014

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Hey, Soul Sister
If you're not familiar with today's song, you can hear it here.

1) The video was shot on a street corner in Echo Park in central Los Angeles. If you saw a film crew making a video in your neighborhood, would you stop to watch? Or would you just keep walking?
I'd probably know ahead of time and avoid the area like the plague. Not my circus.
2) The singer says he remembers his girl in every dream he dreams. Do you remember if you dreamed last night?
I'm pretty sure I did, but 15 hours after waking up I can't remember any shreds of them.
3) The band Train is from San Francisco. Have you ever visited The City by the Bay?
Yes, I've been there twice--once when I was about 17 and once about 18 months ago. I love that city, but it's very touristy.
4) Lead singer Pat Monahan got his start in a Led Zeppelin cover band. Can you name a Led Zeppelin song?
I'm not a fan, but it's hard to avoid "Stairway to Heaven."
5) In doing research for this week's Saturday 9, Crazy Sam discovered a publication called Trains, The Magazine of Railroading. What's the last magazine you flipped through?
hah! Two of my family members subscribe to this magazine! I think the last magazine I touched was Consumer Reports, but whether it was at home or at work, I couldn't tell you.
6) Do you consider yourself a leader or a follower?
A bit of both, really, hopefully at the appropriate times.
7) Scholars tell us that "To be or not to be" is Shakespeare's most quoted line. Give us another one.
"What a piece of work is man, how noble in reason,
how infinite in faculties, in form and moving,
how express and admirable in action, how like an angel in apprehension,
how like a god!"
8) How do you listen to music on the go? Car radio? CD changer? iPod/mp3 player? Your phone?
I don't, really. When I have to listen to music, I turn on Sirius XM, but it isn't that often. I used Spotify at work.
9) Are you a convincing liar?
Apparently so.

2 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

The magazine answer cracked me up.

Unknown said...

I suppose magazines will be phased out with e-readers. I still prefer to flip through a physical magazine and tear out things I like. Old school. :-)

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.