Saturday, September 13, 2014

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Saturday 6

1. You go to the grocery store and know you have a lot of items to purchase: do you use a “buggy” or a “cart”?
I use a "cart." But I occasionally call it a "trolley" because that's what I've been trained to say in England. "Buggies" are for babies.
2. Have you ever said you were “fixing to” do something instead of saying something like, “I’m about to” do it?
No, or rather only in jest. I work with someone from Alabama who says it all the time, though. I usually say, "I'm just going to..." or "I'm about to..."
3. What about that little utility storage area in your car: do you call it a “glove compartment” or a “glove box”?
I use both, but probably lean toward the shorter "glove box."
4. What percentage of the time do you ever keep gloves in it?
Never. Ever. I have quite the stash of fast-food napkins, though.
5. When you go to the coastline, are you at the “beach” or the “shore”?
To me, "shore" is the edges of the continent, and since I live pretty much in the center of the continent, I always go to a "beach" on the extremely rare occasions that I go near one. Now I'm kind of wondering what I call the place where water and not-sand ground meet....
6. When you reach for your shoes, are you grabbing “sneakers” or “tennis shoes”?
I grew up saying "tennies" and still mostly say that, but occasionally the word "sneakers" comes out of my mouth.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.