Saturday, August 9, 2014

Friday Five

(Link in meme-roll)
I'm Your Vehicle

1. What kind of vehicle (car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, whatever you have) do you currently drive? Make, model, year, color, personality, name, bumper stickers, rearview mirror/dashboard/rear window ornaments, if any.
I drive a dark blue 2011 Ford Edge which was Beast's company car for its first two years. It has lots of bells and whistle, including maps, XM, backup camera, blindspot sensors, seat warmers, and probably other things I can't remember or don't use. I don't decorate my car, nor do I usually name it. The only thing that's 'decor' is the box of cloth bags for shopping and emptying the book drop, and the box with jumper cables, bungies and flares; those are always in the car. Something I haven't done? Well, I haven't been caught in a blizzard in it nor even a snowbank, and I hope that continues.
2. What are some of your favorite things about your vehicle?
I love the maps. And it's really comfortable with seats that adjust in a lot of different directions, plus OMG seat heaters!!
3. What are some things you dislike about your vehicle or would change if you could?
It's bloody enormous! I'd make the center console more sensible. And I'd like better gas mileage. Generally, though, I don't have a huge problem with it.
...a whole bunch of Z's and W's strung together
4. What is your fondest memory involving your vehicle?
We visited family in Tennessee last March and drove through some of the Appalachian mountain backroads. Sparky had his first EVER bout of car-sickness, and once we looked at the map, it was pretty obvious why.
5. What's something you've never done with your vehicle that you'd like to?
It'll be interesting to see if I can break the 200,000-mile barrier. When I started driving it, it already had at least 60,000 miles on. In 24 months. Yeah. Beast travels a lot.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.