Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
90, part 2

30. Do you read your horoscope?
Not unless it's sitting there in front of me.
31. Where was the last place you bought something?
I went grocery shopping yesterday and then stopped for breakfast at BK.
32. How do you feel about your hair right now?
It's a bit wind-blown and probably a little trashed, but overall I have few hair issues.
33. Do you bite your nails?
Yup, more's the pity.
34. Do you have any expensive jewelry?
I do. Not outrageously expensive, but two rings with gems, a couple of fancy necklaces and several pairs of gemstone earrings. I think there's a squash-blossom set similar to this somewhere too; that was my mother-in-law's and I haven't worn it yet. If I lived about 900 miles west and south, I'd be tempted to wear it every damn day though.
35. Have you ever been told you speak fast?
Yes. I speak about twice the speed I grew up speaking. People east of the Mississippi and north of about the 40-degree latitude line talk fuckingfast!
36. Is your laugh usually hearty?
Not 'usually' but occasionally it's loud, yes.
37. How fast have you driven a car?
I've hit 90 while passing people. It's not just talking people do fast around here.
38. Have you ever smoked?
Only while angry, from the ears.
39. What was your favorite subject in school?
I did well in most subjects, but preferred English and History.
40. Do you have cell phone provider loyalty?
Not really. We use Sprint now, and it's been fine. Inertia tends to rule in this area.
41. What type of boy or girl do you usually fall for?
I don't really have a type, unless we're talking about the under-5-years-old set. Then, a cute grin and a giggle melts my heart.
42. Do you have any hidden talents?
They're pretty well hidden from me as well. I can alphabetize at warp speed; does that count?
43. Favorite song?
We sang part of "Amazing Grace" at church today. I love that song.
44. Do you like to sing at all?
Yes, I do. I don't necessarily sound great, but I do like singing.
45. Dream job?
What I do now, only doing it at home without the annoying people.
46. Where does most of your family live?
I have family at the following latitudes/longitudes: 52°N/1°W, 51°N/2°W, 40°N/3°W, 40°N/73°W, 36°N/82°W, 41°N/88°W, 42°N/87°W, 43°N/88°W, 32°N/96°W, 32°N/97°W, and 38°N/107°W. There is no "most"--the most at any of those locations is 4, and the least is 1.
47. Are you an only child or do you have siblings?
My parents raised 5 kids to adulthood. Three of us are still hanging on.
48. Would you consider yourself to be spoiled?
I am very spoiled.
49. What was the first thing you thought when you woke up?
Today? "Mmmph, snooze alarm" probably sums it up.
50. Do you drink?
Of course, or I'd be dead. I have an occasional glass of wine, and I love me some Stoli, but I rarely have it anymore.
51. Know any other languages?
I can make do in Spanish, and I can read several other European languages, kinda.
52. Ever write a coded message?
When I was about 10, yes. Sometimes I feel like I'm speaking in code all the time, or maybe just a completely different language from what those around me are capable of understanding.
53. Have you ever been in someone else's wedding?
Yes. Quite a few times, actually.
54. Do you have any children?
I have one.
55. Did you take a nap today?
I predict there may be a short one in my future today.
56. Who has the same birthday as you?
Two high school friends were born on the same day as me in the same hospital. As for famous people, Wikipedia says I share date and year with an American actor and singer, an American journalist, blogger, and activist, and a Japanese actor, none of whom I've ever heard of. One of the Bay City Rollers was born on my birthday; I never knew that! Thank you, Wikipedia.
57. Ever met anyone famous before?
I met Stephen T0b0l0wski briefly once.
58. Do you want to be famous one day?
HELL no.
59. Any pet peeves?
Soooo many!! lol Trying to pare them down, but I have to say that intentional, cultivated stupidity is probably the biggest one overall.
60. Are you multitasking right now?
Well, sort of: Beast is flipping back and forth between the U.S. Open (golf) and the Michigan 400 (NASCAR) but I'm not paying a lot of attention to that. They're both serving to put me to sleep. See #55.

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I've been told I'm a fast talker.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.